Things I never would have done a year ago....

Options
13»

Replies

• stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1. Actually *look forward* to working out.
    2. Get really crabby when I can't get to the gym/ride my bike as much as I plan to :mad:
    3. Bypass the chips/cookies and (gasp!) halloween candy aisle (!!!) :noway:

I started this journey in February being overweight, lazy and unmotivated. I knew I needed to change, but didn't know where to start. :\ My hubby had just lost 80 pounds and I was now the fat frumpy wife. I knew it was time to change, so my first step was I bought a cheap-o bike. I still remember my first bike ride with my hubby. I was only able to go 3 measly miles. I was WINDED. My lungs were on FIRE. I thought to myself, how in the heck am I going to be able to do this?! Well, I kept at it because I LIKED it and I was determined to not let my body tell me NO, I can't do this. At the end of summer, I was able to ride 40+ miles, no problem. My goal for next year is to ride in the Hotter 'N Hell 100 mile ride. Who IS this person?! :wink:

If someone told me this time last year that this is the person I'd be now, I'd have said they're NUTS. :laugh:

But it's a journey and we all gotta start somewhere. :flowerforyou:
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Bench press 100lbs (even when I was "fit" I had no upper body strength)
    Get grumpy when I can't work out for whatever reason.

Oh and not a year change but more of this started about 7 yrs ago during my last pregnancy, Pop. Tastes. Gross! Even Dr. Pepper.

Oh and for the yr ago as of today I'm on my 4th day without caffiene in any form.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Signed up and COMPLETED Warrior Dash.

Do weight training on the "guys" side of the gym. :)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    1 - never would have made it through a 5k - about to register for a 10k.
    2 - never would have been known at the gym - or been the topic of discussion in the trainer's meetings!
    3 - would not have been described by friends as having more energy than anyone they know.
    4 - wouldn't have started the day with a bottle of water - diet coke yes, water no.
    5 - wouldn't have name sweet potatoes, eggplant, or zucchini as three of my top favorite foods.
    6 - and I'm stealing this from 'AuntSusie5' - "Do weight training on the "guys" side of the gym. :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    1 - never would have made it through a 5k - about to register for a 10k.
    2 - never would have been known at the gym - or been the topic of discussion in the trainer's meetings!
    3 - would not have been described by friends as having more energy than anyone they know.
    4 - wouldn't have started the day with a bottle of water - diet coke yes, water no.
    5 - wouldn't have name sweet potatoes, eggplant, or zucchini as three of my top favorite foods.
    6 - and I'm stealing this from 'AuntSusie5' - "Do weight training on the "guys" side of the gym. :)

*thumbs up!*

I agree with #2 as well, it's funny to me to be recognized at the gym when I walk in!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm not even out of fruit, and I'm heading to the store to get more. :bigsmile:
  • Aperyan83
    Aperyan83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1) Saying no to a candy because: "I rather not waste those colories on THAT" Yeah!!!!
    2) Look in the mirror and saying, "Oh, yeah I'm getting there for sure!"
    3) Do sit-up/lunges when no one is at home, just because I don't want to just sit there!
    4) Limit myself on going OUT to eat.
    5) Going to use the restroom on the 3rd floor at work to get in some extra movement!
    6) Shuffle! Every day I'm shufflin!!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It's only been 3 months but:
    1. Fill my water bottle at least 3 times while at work
    2. Get angry if I miss a spin class
    3. Enjoy my lunch time walks
    4. Log onto MFP to receive inspiration from people like you to keep going.:smile:
  • Luchesse
    Options
    I just started to get completely serious about losing weight last week so.....

Today I went to Wendy's to get a grilled chicken go wrap and a salad. They were out of grilled chicken and asked if I wanted something else and while normally I would get a jr bacon cheesburger I just left with my salad. I was hungry...... They gave me a baked potato with butter and i gave that away!

A year ago, heck a week ago I would have never ordered a sald and a go wrap to begin with =)
  • ihern6334
    ihern6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know I haven't been in this for a long time but for the 16days I have. Before:

I would have never said no to a Coke or juice.
    I would have never drank more than 1 glass of water- I drink only water and 8 cups at least
    I would have put my baby as an excuse not to work out- I now work take care of my baby and whenever he is sleeping I work out
    I would have never ordered a salad at a restaurant- I choose that over anything else
    i would have never boiled chicken
    I would have never used Cooking spray 0% cal- That's the only thing I can use to cook!
    I would have never even think about wearing a two piece bathing suite- Now that Is my ultimate goal!
  • cmoutarimoussa
    cmoutarimoussa Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1. Actually looking forward to going to the gym
    2. Asking for a HRM for christmas
    3. Getting water instead of soda
    4. Getting fruit instead of ice cream at the grocery store
    5. Checking the calories on everything b4 i put it in my shopping cart or in my mouth
    6. Wanting to try and run
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Said I went for a run... much less run both days in the weekend (sure it's only 1.6 mi/20 minutes, but whatever)
    Felt guilty if I didn't work out.

Today I also had no choice but to eat at McDonalds (was helping a friend with her Welch Terrier rescue driving to pick up a dog in WI to bring back to MN), but got the grilled chicken ranch blt. I took the top bun off immediately, and after two bites took off the bottom one. In general, I have never liked McDonalds, which sounds a bit odd, but at least I did try to cut back on the white bread. I was bad, had fries with it though. Left some of them at least.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    bump:)
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump :heart:
    love reading all these...
  • jonbobfrog
    Options
    a year ago? I wouldn't have imagined feeling this good about myself!
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You should be soooooo proud of yourself! You have come a long long ways. Doesn't it feel great?? I have about 90 left to loose and I can't imagine what it will feel like to be where you are. I have been needing motivation to keep going and you have inspired me. Thank you! :flowerforyou: Lynne
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love this too!

A couple of mine:

1. Being excited about trying a new run (C25K wk 3 run 1 tomorrow am!)
    2. Working out the BPM of my favourite songs to see which match my current 'comfy' running speed (175 BPM :P )
    3. Craving salad and being disappointed if I'm out and there's none available
    4. Thought on my way home, "I can run home from here" instead of walking.

Just noticed I may be catching the running bug... woop!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!