HI Everyone

What keeps you going?? I lose my focus cause. Please help
thanks
Albertafun (Julie)

Replies

• fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Results. when I'm not getting results I lose hope and want to give up. When I get results I am motivated to keep doing whatever it is that I'm doing which is giving me results.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    read my will power blog below for an activity to help keep you focused. you can also read my profile to see some of the stuff that helps me.

and, at times recently, I have done a 24 hour fast to help me re-focus and I think its been very helpful for that purpose. I only mention that because you asked, but I do recommend reading Eat Stop Eat before attempting any intermittent fasting.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Looking at my before picture and then looking in the mirror or at the stat sheet.
  • ahaynes
    ahaynes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here. Pictures do it for me. Looking back at what you use to look like, and then what you look like now.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The photo of the dress I am going to wear to blow everyone away at the X-Mas party. I tend to go all out when it comes to the party (It's red carpet to me) so I want to look smoking hot. :)
    I also have a tumblr blog where I reblogged photos of fit people. it reminds me of my goals. :)
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    simple.....adrenalinejunky34
    Want to be around for her a very long time.
  • dclv1975
    dclv1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buying smaller clothes really motivates me!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    How good it feels to be in shape and to wear clothes that fit nicely and actually look nice on me.
  • JThomas61
    Options
    Like everyone else the before pics and I like what I see looking back at me now. I feel guilty if I even miss one workout a week
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Fear - the fear of somehow going back to the girl I was before. I don't want that. No way, no how. That alone keeps me moving forward. I see before pictures and feel ashamed that I ever looked that way. I look at new pics and feel proud. My goals keep me moving forward. I want to see the final pictures and feel like I totally kicked butt.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    you know what motivates me more than anything else? and i think it's the weirdest most backward thing....

compliments.

if you compliment me, i will work my *kitten* off in the gym.

if you put me down, i will hide under the covers and get fatter.

i have no idea why, it's just how i work.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Before pics & my race stats
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    looking at my soft gut and moobs and makes me wanna puke. lol...
  • goelvira
    goelvira Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here keeps me on track! Some people on here are quite inspirational with their accomplishments and or struggles and that gives me that little push I need to stay focused! My son though is motivation enough for me to continue on! He's going on 16 months and already running around everywhere.. so I know I have to get in shape.. just to be able to keep up with him. :-)
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    For me, I focus on long-term results. I want to look better, and I do now that I've lost 23lb, but I want to be strong and healthy as I get older. I'd like to lose more weight, but with my slow metabolism I may not, and I'm not willing to eat any less or work out more than 1hr/day. So I focus on knowing I'll be able to tackle anything in the coming years. I'm 51 and in the best shape of my life!
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Honestly is looking back at pictures and knowing I never want to feel that sad ever again while hiding behind a smile. Each step I take farther from my starting weight keeps me from ever wanting to have to do that journey all over again. Hang in there and know you are worth it!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    you know what motivates me more than anything else? and i think it's the weirdest most backward thing....

compliments.

if you compliment me, i will work my *kitten* off in the gym.

if you put me down, i will hide under the covers and get fatter.

i have no idea why, it's just how i work.

AGREED!!!
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    What keeps me motivated is thinking about my health. I want to LIVE not just be alive. I want to have fun, go on adventures and not be worn out after an hour of mild activity.

Good Health is what motivates me.... AND having people tell me I look good is kinda nice too...
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    How great I feel from the INSIDE out. =)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    My kids and my desire to ensure that if based on health alone, I Will be there for them for MANY years