Elliptical = MADNESS!

Options
2»

Replies

• dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    LOL Amen sister.

Because of my knees, I havent been able to get on the elliptical or cross-trainer in a while and honestly, I haven't worked out in, say, 3 weeks WITH over eating and a little weight gain.

I just did 30 mins on the Elliptical and I honestly feel like I am gonna just pass out (from being tired). I can't wait to hit the sack. :laugh: :laugh:

I honestly give mad props to those of you who, in the past, said they did 1 hr to 2 hrs on this machine. However, now, I will never return to the treadmill (wel, never say never) but this machine works me right out.

On that note, I am guzzling down some water and saying, Goodnight
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I don't have to wait; I've got fibro, so I can already appreciate it. :tongue:

And yes, the iPod is really a lifesaver on any equipment isn't it? *hugs iPod*

Fibro was the reason I hesitated sooooo much on using the elliptical. My brother convinced me to use it and that it would actually/should actually have less impact on my muscles in the long run. He's is totally right. I was in more pain after 25 minutes on the treadmill than I was after 30 mins on the elliptical and I burn A LOT more calories.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I love my machine, I started at 5 minutes on level one, tension one. Now, only a month later, I can easily kick butt for 50 minutes on level 8, tension set on 3. I bought it used for $100, it was a three hundred dollar cheapie from wal mart. The squeaking was horrendous after the first month, then hubby oiled it, sucked for one day but now it's pretty good and that's been about three weeks since we oiled it. I use it at least 4 days a week, sometimes 6 or even 7, just because I love it. I always watch a one hour long show so I don't get bored. If you buy one, take the advice of others and try to spend as much as you can. Mine has 6 modes, likes hills, etc, only 8 levels, and I can only set the tension to either 8 or ten. At the rate I'm going, I can see myself outgrowing it in just a few months.
  • kmccleery04
    Options
    Oh my goodness I love eliptical machines. I went back to the treamill tonight for the first time in months. Only because all the other machines were occupied. I always feel like I get a better work out on the elipticals. I am trying to train to get back out on the roads to start running. We still have so much snow!!! :bigsmile:
  • aisha786
    aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You know, I loved my elliptical from day one. It is easier for me physically than plain walking. My feet fall asleep when I walk for too long. It's always been like this, even when I was in my early 20s. Plus it hurts my legs to walk. I can go on and on and on like the energizer bunny, except if I am trying to get an intense workout in little time. I never get sore. I do work hard and get a good workout, but tomorrow I'm ready again..gotta love it!