Does anyone else like HUNGRY GIRL?

Options
2»

Replies

• alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Some of the recipes and tips she gives in her emails I find useful. Found some good chicken recipes with not too many processed, diet foods. Her "cooking" show is hilarious - combined with Sandra Lee, it's the funniest hour on TV.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I also don't like her overly processed food recipes. I get that she started as a woman who wanted to make recipes using the weight watchers system and/or for single women..I think that was it anyways..but damn, does it have to be SO processed all the time? And now she's even got a tv show and I just want to smack her.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I also agree with all who say she uses too many processed ingredients, and she uses everything that's fat and sugar free.
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I also agree with all who say she uses too many processed ingredients, and she uses everything that's fat and sugar free.
    Ditto. I watched a couple episodes but all she used was sugar-free this and fat-free that. It sounded gross and not very healthy. I haven't watched since.
  • cdemoura14
    Options
    I really like her recipes, with that being said that I always seem to replace alot of things that she calls for. She likes to use alot of packaged products, while delicious, carry a ton of calories/sodium. So usually if there is something I can swap out for natural I do it. For instance, she has a great Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese in one of her books, but I replaced the pasta for whole grain and the sauce for homemade buffalo sauce. I also wound up switching out the sour cream for some real cheese. So while her recipes can be great, really pay attention to the content.
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    I love Lisa Lillien!
  • MaterMama
    Options
    I don't.

I want low calorie recipes that don't use fake ingredients. I don't want sugar free because there are artificial sweeteners which I try to avoid. I avoid fat free because there tends to be weird stuff in it too.

Isn't there a way to accomplish low calories and have it be healthy food without the fake stuff?

Will be checking out skinny taste.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I like the ETNT book, BUT the HG recipes are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo high in sodium, i totally discount anything from her.
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like it fresh and organic. Processed food is not the way to go for me and she really uses a lot of it. I really like a lot of SkinnyTaste recipes that are from scratch.....some good old fashion cooking.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Her dessert type recipes turned me off--but I have found some excellent entree recipes from her that contain no processed foods and are healthy, lo-cal and satisfying; so I think she offers something worthwhile. I've never seen her show, but just some of the recipe books and on-line recipes.