What's your MOTIVATION?

Options
I know that we are all here to GET HEALTHY and/or LOOK BETTER.... But I want to know what are those little things that keep you motivated and make you feel rewarded on this journey...

Mine are:

#1. LINGERIE:love: .... I have a slight addiction:heart: . I LOVE getting something new. And with every 5 to 10lbs lost, I buy something new... sometimes, when I'm at a plateau... I buy something new to make me feel better :bigsmile: Pretty much, I find any reason to buy lingerie... BUT I feel so much more sexy in it when I know that my body is healthier and looking better!!!!!

#2 5Ks.... YES!!!!! I'm addicted to hunting these things down and participating in them... (and getting a cool collection of t-shirts from them)... My goal is to be a runner... and these little "races" are GREAT motivation for what is to come and to keep focus and to also measure how far I've come... improving time, running more/walking less....etc, etc...

Ok, I told you mine, now tell me your's :bigsmile:

Replies

• kimber_av
    Options
    #1: the fact that I have 12 pairs of pants I cant fit in. and zero money to buy new ones haha- college life.
    #2: I live in the south- so bikini season is very long here
    #3: fashion fashion fashion
    #4: My ma is naturally thin (5'10 143lbs)
    #5: my sister is naturally super thin (6ft 135lbs)
    #6: looking good for my college graduation
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....I would have to say...my fave part about all of it is the physical nature of it.

I like doing physical things. Most of my jobs have been doing physical labor. I was a scaffold helper off and on for 4 years. LOVED IT!

Now i'm starting to get into lifting weights and walking alot...I like seeing how many miles I can do in an hour. I like being able to push myself :)

Also I'm in another group (on another site) and I'm doing a weight loss challenge. That keeps me motivated. I don't want to let my team down by not losing any weight. They are very supportive and I love it :)
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Mine is coincidentally the same .. I like seeing hot women in lingerie.. I have kind of an addiction to it, and being better looking to see more of it is my MOTIVATION!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    The PT at my gym who I didn't know was in her 50's til this week. If I can age that well by keeping fit and eating healthy I will be so happy!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I want to look hot!!!!!!!! bottom line!!!!!!!!! I want to look really hot for my Husband (and for myself)
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I want to look like her:

tara-lynn.jpg

Her name is Tara Lynn. She's a size 14-16 model. I haven't been a 14-16 since I was a freshman in high school. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen!

Plus, I want to work and move to London and quite frankly, I REFUSE to pay double for a plan ticket because my butt is too big for a regular seat.... :(
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Cute undies... I LOVE THEM, and can't bring myself to wear them...
    dresses... I look like I am pregnant with #3 when I wear them, and totally am not...
    GETTING OUT OF SPANX... I love them, but putting yourself together after you pee, SUCH A PAIN. I just want to go, and be done.
    LBD... I want to put on a little black dress, and I want to ROCK IT OUT!
    I have fat feet! I want to fit in my pumps again, with out a fat pootch coming out the tops of my shoes....

wow, that was painful to type!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am super outdoorsy-I live for fun, exciting adventures, and as I've gotten fatter, they have gotten harder! I barely fit in my kayak, my gut is in the way when I mountain bike, it's hard for me to pop up on my surfboard (and I feel like an overstuffed sausage in my wetsuit!!!), and WITHOUT a loaded backpack I'm carrying more on my body than I would be at a healthy weight with an insanely loaded pack for a 10day trip. I want to be healthier and in better shape so that I can fully enjoy my outdoors lifestyle and keep challenging myself. I have some awesome trips planned next summer and I want to be fit and SAFE to do them! :) Especially since one of them is hiking a pretty secluded, tough backcountry trail (10 days!) and one is a kayak trip including a big open crossing.

Also, I graduate from nursing school with my BSN in June, just before my 31st birthday, and I'd like to be healthy. I would like to set a good example of health to my patients! And I want to be a healthy, positive example for my nieces (3 1/2 and 5 1/2 yrs) and nephew (8 1/2yrs)-especially to be a role model to my little nieces. :)
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    First and foremost...My kids--Last several years I've been to ashamed to take them to the waterslides...next year we're going, for this weight will be gone. Then my hubby,...and of course CLOTHES. Alas, a healthier weight, and to be proud of my body!
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I want to look like her:

tara-lynn.jpg

Her name is Tara Lynn. She's a size 14-16 model. I haven't been a 14-16 since I was a freshman in high school. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen!

Plus, I want to work and move to London and quite frankly, I REFUSE to pay double for a plan ticket because my butt is too big for a regular seat.... :(

Me tooo but I need her height
  • Cas_p
    Cas_p Posts: 8
    Options
    Category placings in races, beating my pb's in 5k, 10k and half marathon distances and training for a half iron man next year. Love all sorts of sports and the fitter I am, the better I am at them. Also looking good, obviously, I hate my stomach and legs and want to look good in a tight fitting dress.
  • healthyfitglutenfreebug
    Options
    My original motivation was because I was constantly sick every day with gastro problems due to celiac disease and I couldn't function. I'm now not sick everyday and have lost 30lb.

My new motivation is I love the feeling of being fitter I play more with my kids I can jump higher now in a game of netball/ beach volley ball can't wait to see how much better I can play when I lose more.

My husband's compliments on my weight loss

Not feeling invisible to the opposite sex when out. I am in shock when I see some one checking me out (great feeling thou)

Looking in the mirror and seeing my curves come back

I now look forward to working out each day,logging my foods and weighing in to see my results gives me huge motivation
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Well, good luck with that :wink:
    Mine is coincidentally the same .. I like seeing hot women in lingerie.. I have kind of an addiction to it, and being better looking to see more of it is my MOTIVATION!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    WOW! She is very pretty... I'm a 14-16, but I don't think I look like that naked... need to do some firming :bigsmile: I think thicker women are beautiful!! I just want to be LESS THICK, but I always keep my legs and butt no matter how small I get... Genetics I suppose, but I'm ok with it! :drinker:
    I want to look like her:

tara-lynn.jpg

• kandyjo
    Options
    Girl!!!!!!!! PRetty panites are my FAVORITE!!! And you better believe that even though I'm a size 14-16, I am still rocking pretty panties!!!!! So, ROCK 'EM!! :wink:

I know what you mean about the shoes!!! I love the way heels my your legs look, but I need less ME on my legs and feet to FEEL good in them :grumble:
    Cute undies... I LOVE THEM, and can't bring myself to wear them...
    dresses... I look like I am pregnant with #3 when I wear them, and totally am not...
    GETTING OUT OF SPANX... I love them, but putting yourself together after you pee, SUCH A PAIN. I just want to go, and be done.
    LBD... I want to put on a little black dress, and I want to ROCK IT OUT!
    I have fat feet! I want to fit in my pumps again, with out a fat pootch coming out the tops of my shoes....

wow, that was painful to type!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    AWESOME!!! YOu gotta love compliments and noticing being noticed! Awesome motivation!!!
    I LOVE volleyball! and I totally agree....
    My original motivation was because I was constantly sick every day with gastro problems due to celiac disease and I couldn't function. I'm now not sick everyday and have lost 30lb.

My new motivation is I love the feeling of being fitter I play more with my kids I can jump higher now in a game of netball/ beach volley ball can't wait to see how much better I can play when I lose more.

My husband's compliments on my weight loss

Not feeling invisible to the opposite sex when out. I am in shock when I see some one checking me out (great feeling thou)

Looking in the mirror and seeing my curves come back

I now look forward to working out each day,logging my foods and weighing in to see my results gives me huge motivation
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    Gah. I just think she is the prettiest thing and she's really redefining the fashion world by being a plus sized model!
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Health- fight off diabetes.
    Beauty- I'm gonna be the hottest girl in the room.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I took all those awful pics of myself looking particularly chunky and taped them all over the monitor of my treadmill. Now when I want to push the STOP button I have to look at them. It keeps me on for the full hour :D
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    1. I'm just tired of being flabby. I've wanted to be toned and fit my whole life and I guess I finally realized that there wasn't really anything keeping me from doing so.

2. I got dumped by my fiance not very long ago. I want to a) make him jealous and b) feel confident about meeting new people. This was really helpful to break through my multiple years plateau.

3. I ride horses and want to do so as a career. It is a sport so I need to treat myself as an athlete. A svelte rider looks better and is taken more seriously than a flabby one. Plus I'd feel bad about getting on young horses if I weighed as much as I did.

4. My life has been a bit stressful lately and I am basically coming out of a bit of a quarter life crisis. What I eat is one thing I can control, exercise helps me manage stress, and altogether taking control of my fitness makes me feel better about pretty much everything.