I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY THIGHS NOT TO TOUCH!

Options

Replies

• Katefab26
    Options
    So random, but they used to have this show on tv called something like Are you hot or not? It didn't last long, because it was a ridiculous show in the first place, but I remember one girl on there who was absolutely gorgeous and one of the judges basically told her that she was perfect EXCEPT for the fact that her thighs didn't touch...
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It is not realistic, healthy nor attractive to have your thighs not touch. I am not sure where that thought came from in our society, but try to see that part of your body differently. I wish you luck on your weight loss but take a lookat some pics of women's legs that do not touch and ask yourself if that is truly how you want to look . I am a woman who loves legs (maybe I should say, covets nice legs) and I think skinny legs are not attractive.

Just something to consider.
    Good Luck
    That is not true, it's just a difference in your body type. Some people's thighs don't touch and some do. Mine always did even when I was super skinny. It is perfectly normal, realistic, healthy, and attractive for some people though. You have to accept that people are built differently.

I agree, it depends on the person. On some people it looks completely natural and normal.

However, I have never had a thigh gap, even in high school when I was naturally at 5' 5.5" and 110-ish pounds... (that's an 18.0 BMI, oh noes!! lol) ...I think it has to do with the structure of your pelvis & legs, and not just your weight!

I do with I could get a thigh gap, but it probably won't happen for me! :ohwell:
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I do not think you are too skinny and your legs do touch.

Uh did you see her picture? Because they definitely don't touch, and IMO she looks very fit and healthy at the same time!! :smile:
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    having a collar bone and a neck would be awesome!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    It is not realistic, healthy nor attractive to have your thighs not touch. I am not sure where that thought came from in our society, but try to see that part of your body differently. I wish you luck on your weight loss but take a lookat some pics of women's legs that do not touch and ask yourself if that is truly how you want to look . I am a woman who loves legs (maybe I should say, covets nice legs) and I think skinny legs are not attractive.

Good Luck

I'm sorry, but I disagree...I have very nice legs (so I have been told) and there is nothing skinny and bony about them...photos to prove it. Getting rid of a fat pocket (which is what I have) doesn't mean that I want chicken legs (which I have also been called in school).
  • misschismis
    misschismis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely thighs! And my bingo wing arms - I'm 24, I shouldn't have batwings! >.<
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

Good Luck

Really? You think I'm too skinny (see pic at left)? I love my legs! I think it's unfair for you to judge or call anyone unattractive.
    OK, maybe we're talking something different! :) It's not my quote above, but I did ask earlier if it was practical for thighs not to touch. I consider your thighs to touch-- you are standing in your picture with your legs apart, and they are not touching in your picture-- is THAT what you guys mean when you say thighs don't touch? I think I'm just picturing it wrong. (You do look amazing, of course, by the way!!)
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thighs I'm not so worried about personally, since I am an apple shape, my legs have always been smaller. What I do want to get rid of is my stomach and the flappy skin on my upper arms, then I would be a happy girl!
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't think my thighs will ever not touch. That would feel so strange to me lol. I can't wait to get rid of my damn fupa.
  • shazzahare
    Options
    One pair of boobs not two.:bigsmile:
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I would like just one chin.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options

Good Luck

It really, really depends on body type. When I was in college and weighed 155, which is just into overweight for my height of 5'5" my thighs did not touch at all. It's just not where I carry extra fat. I'm at 165 now and my thighs touch slightly, but I think that's more due to a bit of lose skin from losing 80 pounds than a lot of fat (there's still a bit). I have rather muscular, very curvy legs, not in the least skinny or straight.

So it might not be a realistic expectation for some pear-shaped women, but for apple-shapes and bananas like me, it's perfectly healthy and normal.
  • goodmonster
    Options
    I want to get rid of the back boob effect! YUCK!!

BAHAHA amen!! I also want to be able to just SMILE for a camera instead of making faces and wondering if you can see my double chin. ^_^
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    I am right there with you... The days my thighs don't touch.
    I look forward to the day I can wear tighter jeans that wont give me muffin top B)
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had a hysterectomy about 6 years ago and when they did it they had to cut my lower belly so now my lower belly is flabby. I hate it. I am looking forward to having a flatter belly.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Being able to see my collar bones without having to distort my shoulders and neck.

Inner thighs would be nice but I can't remember a time when they didn't touch. Just loss two pairs of older jeans to the constant thigh rubbing. :cry: Oh well - excuse for shopping when I've lost a bit more weight.

Hip bones/flatter stomach. The day when I can stand up and not have a dun-lop tummy and can feel my hip bones not hiding beneath a large layer of fat.

Keep up the great work everyone! We deserve to reach these goals!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    My arms. They're disproportionately bigger than the rest of my body and always has been, so that's the one place I can't wait to see finally get smaller. I just hope I don't have to get to a ridiculously low BF percentage to see that. *sigh*
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Mine always touch, even at 120 :P i remember getting wet in shorts at a theme park and I got a terribly painful rash because of my inner thighs rubbing. My mother's don't touch at 5'5" and 115, but I don't think I can prevent it without real starvation.

I really look forward to everything improving! Here's to hoping :)
  • goodmonster
    Options

Inner thighs would be nice but I can't remember a time when they didn't touch. Just loss two pairs of older jeans to the constant thigh rubbing. :cry: Oh well - excuse for shopping when I've lost a bit more weight.

Oh em skeeze I'm getting worried about my favorite pair of jeans right now- they're starting to get thin from the thigh rubbing!!
    I'm terrible when it comes to shopping so those tell-tale holes are a sure sign I need new ones.
    No holes yet but they're starting to pill...
  • shubiegirl
    Options
    All I meant was that I don't think legs that have no shape are attractive. I did not attack anyone personally. I think it is unrealistic for one's thighs not touching, to be a goal. As many have stated here..."I was 110 lbs and my thighs still touched". There are very few people who can stand with their feet together and not have their thighs touch.
    So...when I (let me repeat that...I ) think of nice legs, I think of Tina Turner, I think of legs that have shape or muscle. Let me repeat that ...I.