Looking for bed time snack ideas.

Options
If I don't eat something fairly substantial before I go to bed I just can't sleep! Does any one have any good ideas of low cal/low carb foods that are filling before bedtime?

Replies

• dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure I have the calories for it but my favorite night time snack is a 100 calorie mini bag of butter popcorn or kettle corn and a glass of wine (between 100-130 calories depending on what I'm drinking. I've been doing this for a while and makes my workouts with Satan (Jillian Michaels) worth it!!!
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have one-half of a peanut butter sandwich on smart white bread or whole grain/wheat - 2TBSP p. butter.
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    caffeine free herbal tea :)
  • yolandawilson
    yolandawilson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i am the same way try :half apple with peanutbutter,mix nuts,yougurt, are ill finish my dinner if i dident already good luck
  • Flash45
    Options
    for me i eat some peanuts with chocolate milk
  • dizzidee77
    dizzidee77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Would have to agree with herbal tea. I'm going through a peppermint stage at the minute.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt or ice cream...sometimes a smoothie...something with protein.
  • Davis1818
    Davis1818 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I save up and have peanut butter either on one slice of rye bread or 3 wasa crackers and a 1/2 to 1 cup of soy milk. Glad to hear I am not the only one who cannot sleep if I don't have my snack at bedtime.
  • ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Try Yogi or Aveda's Calming tea, caffeine free and delicious! Sweet, hot, soothing and filling!
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I often do tea with 100 cal bag of popcorn. Satisfies me. :) I also usually chug a HUGE glass of water as I get into bed.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure I have the calories for it but my favorite night time snack is a 100 calorie mini bag of butter popcorn or kettle corn and a glass of wine (between 100-130 calories depending on what I'm drinking. I've been doing this for a while and makes my workouts with Satan (Jillian Michaels) worth it!!!

I do the popcorn with hot herbal tea. My favorite is the Sleepytime Vanilla by Celestial Seasonings...helps me sleep!
  • abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    a mini bagel with a tiny smear of peanut butter or pretzels with hummus. Whatever you choose measure it out...I'm a night eater too.
  • 13Natty
    Options
    Natural yougurt mixed with low cal Aeroplane jelly. hardly any cals in it. or natural yogurt and if not sweet enough add a packet of sweetener. Last night I have natural yogurt stirred through a mashed banana and a satchet of splenda.
    150g natural fat free yogurt 79cal banana 54cal splenda 4 cal = 137cal without banana it would be very low 83cal
    But keep the Ideas coming please.
    popcorn with salt only that is very low and very filling. I have not tried this but hear of someone who add splenda to it when still hot and that would works as a very low very filling sweet treat.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, it is full of casein protein which digests very slowly, feeding your muscles all night long. Your muscles grow best at rest :)

A piece of whole grain bread with almond butter is another favorite of mine.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm not a bedtime snacker, but my hubby is. His go-to is a small bowl of cold cereal (usually spoon-sized shredded wheat, rice/wheat chex or some other low sugar cereal) and low-cal silk.
  • healthy4self
    Options
    2 C Unsweetened almond milk with stevia and vanilla