Supporting the Girls...

Options
So, I have decided that I am going to start jogging everynight, but I have troubling doing so. My breasts get in the way. With all the running and the bouncing (sorry if there is a visual). I am wondering if anyone has any tips on getting more support. I have what seems like a good running bra, but it still isn't enough. Should I wear 2? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I wear under armor compression sports bra and it works wonders. Good luck!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    One of my friends who had HUGE boobs (G's, and she only weighed about 160lbs at 5'8"), all natural, wore a real bra with a sports bra under it all the time.

I have an incredible sports bra that I use, a champion one, but my boobs aren't as big... 40D pre-weight loss, 36D now. The bra kept them nice and strapped down.... but I don't run often.... but still, not tons of bounceage!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I wear an underwire sports bra with a second sports bra over top
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner but I have to wear a bra and a spanx like top to zumba or I'm all floppy boobs... drives me nuts!
    I know lots of poeple who wear 2 sports bras to run.
  • ShanaJo87
    ShanaJo87 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I am doing Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred and all the jumping kills me because they aren't supported as good as they need to be. I feel like I have to spend over $150 for just a good one. My normal bras cost me over $60 each! Plus then to find my size SUCKS and is NEXT to Impossible! (I am a 42F!)
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    i do the two bra thing, or else i am worried about giving myself a black eye. :laugh:
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Duct tape works great!!
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I double up on the sports bras. Seems to help out a bit.
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    Yups I have to do the two bra thing
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    You're gonna have to spend some cash, but the Champion sports bras work great. THe one I have must be ordered online, but it hooks, straps, snaps and velcroes... no bouncing. :)
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Lululemon "Ta ta tamer" 58$, they have it on the website if you don't have a lulu store where you live.... it works WONDERS!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    A guy replying to a sports bra question is weird. But twice in one day? Only on MFP :laugh:

This thread came up earlier today.. there are some suggestions in there for various brands.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/384311-sports-bra
  • ShanaJo87
    Options
    One of my friends who had HUGE boobs (G's, and she only weighed about 160lbs at 5'8"), all natural, wore a real bra with a sports bra under it all the time.

I have an incredible sports bra that I use, a champion one, but my boobs aren't as big... 40D pre-weight loss, 36D now. The bra kept them nice and strapped down.... but I don't run often.... but still, not tons of bounceage!

I know how she feels. I was a 38 C in sixth grade and by the time I graduated I weighed 140lbs wearing a 38 DD bra. My gym teachers used to yell at me for not running or wearing a sports bar with a regular bar, but that's the only way I could run. Then next to all that, I have a knee injury and as of May 2011 i now have a ankle injury but it's not stopping me!
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Least you gals got bras, what the heck are us men supposed to do with our guts (besides work them off). Now that's a back pain nightmare.
  • ShanaJo87
    Options
    You're gonna have to spend some cash, but the Champion sports bras work great. THe one I have must be ordered online, but it hooks, straps, snaps and velcroes... no bouncing. :)

Sounds like they aren't going anywhere! lol
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Double up on sports bra!
  • TracySherbrook
    Options
    Do I really see a guy responding to this request? Hmm.

Wear two - one for each (nah, I'm just kidding). Make sure they have as few seams as possible. It helps if the second bra is a bit bigger than the first bra (in size and in coverage). The sweating down the middle? Aaah, you just get used to that! Keep running! Don't let a little tiny bit of jiggle stop you...(it's better than a lot of jiggle all over!)
  • radix89
    radix89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Check out Moving Comfort bras. I wear the Maia and I love it. They are not cheap but way better than anything you will find at most stores. If you have an REI near you they usually carry a few styles.
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! I had the same problem, I used to wear a regular bra and a sports bra on top, but then I got the Under Armour compression sports bra and it is amazing. I actually went and got another one so there's always a clean one available! Good luck!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I use Champion ($15 from Target) if I'm doing weights.

But if I'm going to be doing any running, jumping, ellipticaling, etc I bought a Freya sportsbra. It was expensive. $60. But wow, does it ever work. All my bras are expensive because I'm a 32E so I was expecting it to cost a bunch. It is amazing. I run and jump and those girls dont even move!