Frozen dinners???

Options
I am curious as to what everyone's opinion is on Lean Cuisine or WW dinners. I have been having them for lunch and dinner along with adding a green salad or fruit. I do this about 4 times a week. I also have the Progresso soups a lot. Does anyone have any opinions on the quality of this food verses from scratch. I have been losing 2 pounds a week.

Replies

• zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    I am curious as to what everyone's opinion is on Lean Cuisine or WW dinners. I have been having them for lunch and dinner along with adding a green salad or fruit. I do this about 4 times a week. I also have the Progresso soups a lot. Does anyone have any opinions on the quality of this food verses from scratch. I have been losing 2 pounds a week.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Packaged foods like your describing are loaded with sodium. With that said, I love Lean Cuisine frozen pizzas. I usualy have 1 a week. I myself could never eat packaged foods very often because of the sodium. I tend to retain water if I eat too much sodium. Cindy :heart:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    an occasional quick meal is ok
    watch the sodium in those frozen dinners

it isnt fresh food so your body isnt getting the best fuel

I wouldnt eat that many a week....

it seems like alot of processed food

learn what the labels mean...you might not want to eat that many chemicals

good luck
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I eat out of the freezer quite a bit too, and lean cuisine, weight watchers and healthy choice are the only things i buy. I think besides some of their sodium content, their fine. Ive been consistantly losing weight as well and eat them usually once a day. The "clean eaters" dont like these kinds of foods, but i figure comparing them to a big mac, their a god send!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You seem to have a good approach not thinking of a container as a whole meal.

I always add a cup or two of veggies when I go for one of those things for dinner and do it about once or twice a week as a little treat and mix things up a bit.

Keep track of the salt to be sure it doesn't have too much, especially those soups.
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I, personally, love the Lean Cuisine, but my only issue is usually the sodium. Since the night before I try to plan what I will eat the next day I usually make my lunch or supper, which ever one isn't the lean cuisine, a lower sodium one. Usually cereal with some fruit or something.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I buy two brands of frozen dinners: Amy's and Kashi. The sodium may still be high, but at least I know that I'm eating real food that isn't loaded with chemicals. I was considering trying Cedarlane, but their "2 servings per entree" pissed me off.

But even then, it's only an occasional thing...usually when it's exam time and I NEED a sweet and sour chicken fix. (Thank you Kashi!!!)
  • susanbk53
    susanbk53 Posts: 13
    Options
    Actually, the Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice and Weight Watchers meals are not that high in sodium. Each meal tends to have about 1/3 of the daily allowance. Both my husband and I enjoy them. His favorite is the Lean Cuisine Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp in Seafood Sauce. One of the brands is usually on sale, so we keep the freezer stocked. We're empty nesters now, so it makes it real easy to do lunch and dinner. ;o)