Is there such a thing..?

Options
As a HRM that does not have a watch? Even better is waterproof as well?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    my HRM does have a watch, and is waterproof. the watch is the way I can start/stop it and see my information!

I can wear it a bit high on my wrist/arm so that I can still bend my wrist to do pushups and the like without pinching my hand on the watch. I use a Polar FT7.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    yes, there is something that hooks to your iphone. Wahoo, I believe
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I swim and I play netball, need waterproof for swimming, no watch for netball.. and no iphone :p
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    The wrist part of the polar doesn't have to be worn on the wrist, it can be put in your pocket, or around your bra-strap under your shirt -- which is what I do with mine when it gets in my way.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The wrist part of the polar doesn't have to be worn on the wrist, it can be put in your pocket, or around your bra-strap under your shirt -- which is what I do with mine when it gets in my way.

oh right, true! as long as it is within 'signal range' of your chest strap, you can put it ... wherever the heck you want :)
  • Rachiepie6
    Options
    I could TRY to put it in/under my bra, but i basically need it to not show, as you aren't allowed to wear any jewellery or other adornements
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Does your skirt have a pocket? You don't have to be wearing it as long as its in range of the chest strap. You could even loop it around the chest strap under the back of your bra, turning it on and off to get an accurate calorie count could be an issue though!
  • PogoPalOj
    Options
    Okay...
    Is there a what? I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you please explain?:blushing: :blushing:
  • Rachiepie6
    Options
    No pocket, can't have it sticking out anywhere, the only option is to have something small in my bra, or a chest strap that has the computer in it. a watch isn't going to cut it.. i found something that will do it, for $50, but it needs a strap that transmits at 5.3kHz, i'm not sure what mine is, I will check when I get home
  • Rachiepie6
    Options
    Okay...
    Is there a what? I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you please explain?:blushing: :blushing:

A Heart Rate Monitor, it give a more accurate calorie expenditure.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking as I wanted to wear mine for softball and had the same issues. (no pockets on the shorts) Never thought of stuffing it in my bra.
  • Rachiepie6
    Options
    Thanks for asking as I wanted to wear mine for softball and had the same issues. (no pockets on the shorts) Never thought of stuffing it in my bra.
    I tried to do the watch up around the middle that didn't work... I'll find a way!!
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You can get small shoe pouches for runners that attach onto your laces, they are pretty unobtrusive. Not 100% sure if the signal would carry that far but I don't see why not. Stick the watch in there.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Remove the band from the watch - leaving the watch face only. Place that inside your bra, between your breasts.
  • Rachiepie6
    Options
    Once I get my new waterproof harm I will take the band off my current one and put it in my bra for netball, thanks guys :)