Thank You... it fits again!

Options
snookumss
snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
For giving me my coat back! Last summer I had reached about 200 pounds! In the fall I started a food cart and the food cart serves horribly bad for you food (Sausages, Burgers, Chicken Wings... etc). I didn't quite gain anymore weight, but I hadn't come to the realization point yet. This last spring is when I really figured it out. I had found MFP and it changed my life!

About the same time, I had my nice coat dry-cleaned so I could hang it up for the warm weather. It looked so nice when I got it back, that I thought I'd throw it on and show it to my boyfriend. Well, that didn't happen! It was WAY too tight around my upper body and the buttons were snug around my midsection! Now I contributed that to the fact that I had also gained muscle from powerlifting. I figured in my uneducated chubbiness , my back and shoulders are bigger now, of course it wont fit anymore. Luckily, I hadn't gotten rid of this coat.

A few days ago I read a post by somebody who had discovered her winter coat fit her again. I was super excited for her, her post was motivating and I shared in her happiness. At about the same time, I've discovered by looking at all my measurements that I only lost 15lbs but 4.5 inches of my chest area! Thats more than all the inches from every single other measurement combined! Then I got to thinking... what if my coat fits me now!

Today I grabbed that coat, heart pounding and all. I threw it on and IT FITS! It simply fits everywhere again :D I only lost 15 pounds but knowing I am so much smaller has made a big difference in my outlook!

I still have size nine jeans I hope to fit in later... but those look a long way off!

Replies

• Divamomma
    Divamomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Way To Go!! So Happy For You!! Keep It Up :) I Had a new T-shirt I Got 2 Summers ago I kept Trying It OnIt Was Too Tight So One Day recently It Fit Perfect I Was Thrilled :) So I know & Feel your Excitement :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!