How do you find time to spend with loved ones?

Options
I work 10hr days..so I get home at 6. Workout for atleast and hour and then eat dinner. By the time I am ready to see SO its like 930 and he is sleeping(he works graveyard)! I try to work out 6 days a week..so during the week, Mon-Thu I barely see him. So I had to cut my workout to only 30mins today bc he was complaining that he hasn't seen me all week. I feel bad..but at the same time I would work out longer if I could. So how do you all find a balance?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    lots of scheduling! :) I like making charts, so that works for me. I schedule in 'free time' and 'relax time'
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a hard one. I don't work 10 hours but I do work full time day shift. I started to work out in the morning before work so my evenings are devoted to time with the fam. You will find a balance:flowerforyou:
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I make time for it. We plan things. It takes work. He works 40 hours a week and I go to school 5 days a week and work out 3 days a week and I'm at my mom's all day sunday... We usually spend Saturdays all day together and most evenings are spent together!
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    spend some time with him first, then do your work out OR get up earlier in the morning and do it...
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    we're not exactly in the same boat, im a SAHM, but hubby works 10 hour days and with commute hes gone 12 hours a day/ four days a week. he gets home in time for dinner and after that is kids bedtime and my exercise time. i only do 30ds at night right now so its not a big deal but we spend all day together on weekends and a bit before bedtime
  • fluter4gsus
    fluter4gsus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    On Saturday we do a family hike instead of my usual exercise. I love this new addition to our routine, so many sweet moments.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I do 12 hour shifts, when I work I try and be active at work {body weight squats, run the stairs, wall push-ups, walk around the building}.
    Dinner time I focus on the S/O, no TV no outside interference.
    Like others have suggested planning {get-up early, ask the S/O if they want to go for a walk after dinner or when they get home}.
    Shift work and time with S/Os' are hard but you can do it, {9 years so far}.
  • Luvmysixpack
    Options
    I try to get up early in the morning to work out. My husband goes to work at 4:30 am and gets home at 4pm. I go to work at 445 so we got get much time except for weekends (he has those days off ) and I have Tues or Wed off. It is hard but we make it work.