Daily calories and eating healthy?

Options
snookumss
snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
Here is my dilemma. I am not the strictest eater. You will find junk food in my food diary on quite a few occasions. Personally I think its part of the reason I have slowed weight loss. My question is:

How can you FILL 1700 calories with a good amount of protein in a day without eating when you aren't hungry? Anybody encounter this situation? I would have to start drinking and eating food when I am not hungry at all and it confuses me because I am not hungry but still am about 500 or so calories short. This is a part of the reason I consume random soda here or there or sweet coffee drinks (mostly nonfat... I am going easy most of the time). I can spare all those calories I have left but wasn't hungry to need to eat them! The end of the night rolls around and I still have room for bad stuff in my diary :(

Suggestions or advice on how you may have fixed this?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Here is my dilemma. I am not the strictest eater. You will find junk food in my food diary on quite a few occasions. Personally I think its part of the reason I have slowed weight loss. My question is:

How can you FILL 1700 calories with a good amount of protein in a day without eating when you aren't hungry? Anybody encounter this situation? I would have to start drinking and eating food when I am not hungry at all and it confuses me because I am not hungry but still am about 500 or so calories short. This is a part of the reason I consume random soda here or there or sweet coffee drinks (mostly nonfat... I am going easy most of the time). I can spare all those calories I have left but wasn't hungry to need to eat them! The end of the night rolls around and I still have room for bad stuff in my diary :(

Suggestions or advice on how you may have fixed this?

i am netting about 1700 at the moment, if you wanna friend me you can have a look in my diary - i am not the cleanest of eaters either! I aim for 100g of protein, doesnt always happen, but i havent done so bad recently!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Try drinking some of your calories. Make a protein shake or smoothie, or have a glass of milk, these options will give you calories and protein but will not fill you up to much.
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    whole milk sounds like a good option!
  • tjm615
    tjm615 Posts: 11
    Options
    peanut butter
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Already some good suggestions :) Thanks so much guys. I have to start being strict again, all these sugary items are slowing my weight loss and I know if I had less calories to spare on them they wouldn't be in my diet because I am really good at sticking to my daily allowance limit.
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Try drinking some of your calories. Make a protein shake or smoothie, or have a glass of milk, these options will give you calories and protein but will not fill you up to much.

I mix protein powder with 2% milk and I love it. Good source of protein and calcium.
  • Jassper
    Options
    I know people will argue this, but it's not a matter of what you eat, it's a mater of how much you eat of it. I wouldn't' worry too much about eating junk once in a while. As long as you stay under your goal you should loose.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

If you are starting to flat line, then change up your work out. Add some weights or some other resistance type workout.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    peanut butter

This!

I have been having a similar problem, I've been finding that after dinner I'm pretty full but my net is still low, so I have started having a spoonful or two of peanut butter, usually when I get home from work before I go to the gym to boost my net a bit.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I NEVER waste cals on sugary drinks like coke/juice. I just can't see the point when I can drink water/diet coke.

I was just in the exact same situation before. 500 cals to go, needed some more protein. Got 200ml of fat free greek yoghurt, 1 scoop whey, serving sf choc fudge pudding mix and topped with low fat ice cream. Hard pressed to find a more delicious protein filled dessert IMO!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Get rid of everything diet or light. Eat real cheese, full fat dairy, butter instead of margarine,... Taht alone should add a few calories to your total without you having to eat more. :)