Scared of TurboFire

Options
My TurboFire DVDs arrived today...does this mean I actually have to start??

Feeling intimidated! Any words of wisdom?

Replies

• kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared, it's a lot of fun!!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. :flowerforyou:

And, have fun! It's supposed to be difficult, but also very fun when you get into it.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Start slow until you get comfortable with the routines. :) But mostly just have fun! I love TF - wishing I could do it right now but I'm trying to heal at the moment from an injury.
  • sapphire97
    Options
    Don't be scared, it's a lot of fun!!

I agree! It's an awesome workout and fun! It will take a few times to get the moves down, but just keep moving! :) Good Luck!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    If you're scared of TurboFire, you're scared of FUN!

It takes some getting used to, but it's such a blast when you get all the moves down. Don't be scared or intimidated! It's an awesome program!
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It does take some getting used to. It is fast paced and Chalene is a maniac. You won't learn the moves the first time or two, but you will get everything going soon enough.
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    Thanks everyone You've bolstered my courage! Planning to start on Monday, will keep you posted!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about being perfect or doing everything to their level. Most of the time I probably look like I'm having a seizure but I'm moving and I'm having fun so I don't care! After you do the routines a few times you start to pick up on the moves and it's easier. When I got mine I just did a few of the workouts randomly before I jumped into the full program. Allowed me to get my feet wet without feeling to overwhelmed by it. It's a lot of fun if you can do it without being a perfectionist!
  • wcasch
    wcasch Posts: 13
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire, but do the New to Class option the first time...it really helps.
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    With a darlin mushy faced kitty like that, how can TurboFire be intimidating.. Go For it!! It is sooo Fun!
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey we are in this together. I will be starting the third week on monday! I have a coach that I text everyday to keep be accountable.

We can help each other along the way.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Being a guy, I just try to watch the other men in the class and try to beat them. I'm not a pretty with my moves as the guys, but I easily keep up with the guys. Even the people in class make mistakes and put an arm up wrong, throw a punch in the wrong direction, etc. Once you see that, you'll realize that you are doing just fine.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Take your time and have fun. Start with the "New to Class" option so you can get the moves down and don't stress if you don't get moves right away. I loved doing TF and I'm still not a pro in doing all of the moves, LOL.
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    If I can do it anyone can do it! :smile:

The first time I did TF 30 I was breathing heavy after the warmup. I started with the TF Prep Schedule and before you know it I was doing the Advance Cardio with TF 60 and HIIT 30.

Don't be scared. There is a modifier to follow and Chalene and the music keep the workout going. Good Luck and Push Play.