Sexy for Summer 2012 - Week 2 (Closed Group)

Options
13»

Replies

• TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Weigh In - Sorry missed yesterday's didn't work and with Halloween

Starting Weigh: 305
    Weigh in: 301 - Lost 4 lbs.

NSV is I was able to pull my pants up without jumping into them today :flowerforyou:

Final motivator for me was so sick of being stuck in this body. My knees and back are starting to hurt and I find myself not being able to keep up with my kids.

Honestly, I don't love anything about my body.... in time I will get there.

Thanks GreenPiano Keys.

I made a fritata last night - 2 cups steamed spinach chopped; 8 med eggs and 1/2 cup feta cheese. mix and bake 375 degrees for 15-20 min. i divide into 8 serving for 89cal. I am probably going to concentrate on Fritata or omelets to get veggies in the morning.

I read somewhere that I could put the Fritata mix (any vegetables, eggs, cheese optional) into a muffin tin for a nice fun shape without the muffin calories.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I love doing what I call "crab quiche" without crust because I live off protein...

I use 7 eggs - one whole small size container of egg beaters
    1/2 cup imitation crab
    1 cup broccoli (already steamed)
    1/2 cup onions, diced (raw)
    1/2 cup cauliflower (already steamed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
    2 tbsp. flour **optional

Mix together in an 8", sprayed with non-fat cooking spray round baking pan, bake at 400 degrees until browned on top and fluffy. Cut into 8 slices, it's only 66 calories per serving and DELICIOUS.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Ladies,

Click this link to see the spreadsheet and all of your progress. It is a google doc. Let me know if it doesn't work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuzdNOtyGhUYdEI0bmdUbHlWaFNjZ0JmMTR6SnIxc2c

Week 1's winner is......Jamie (jamielr84). Congratulations Jamie on losing 5 pounds AND completing all parts of the challenge!!!!!

Top 3 Losers for Week 1: Oct 26-30th

1. Jamie R. - 5 pounds
    2. Ashley S. - 5 pounds
    3. Michelle L. - 4.5 pounds

In addition, anyone that did not check-in week 1 results and does not check-in for week 2 will be dropped from the challenge, unless otherwise noted.
  • TSTagain
    Options
    Oops, it looks like i quoted the message in my last post...
  • TSTagain
    Options
    Crab quiche, sound delicious!
  • Brooke1585
    Brooke1585 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Just checking in on this cold Thursday. I'm not doing well with incorporating veggies into my meals - that's something I need to work on. As far as reaching 2000 cals burned, I actually reached 2307cals burned with this morning's workout. Woohoo!!! I hope that everyone has a great Thursday!!! :happy:

Oh yeah Nicole, my name is Brooke I. for the spreadsheet...sorry I didn't put that in one of my earlier posts.
  • michellelay
    Options
    Hi group!

I have been successful in incorporating veggies into my meals. This is a challenge for me because I am not crazy about veggies.

I made eggs with broccoli yesterday morning. My husband even liked it!

I have been struggling to meet my goal of 2000 calories for this week. But, I am so thankful for this challenge. I am feeling great about myself lately.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Hi group!

I have been successful in incorporating veggies into my meals. This is a challenge for me because I am not crazy about veggies.

I made eggs with broccoli yesterday morning. My husband even liked it!

I have been struggling to meet my goal of 2000 calories for this week. But, I am so thankful for this challenge. I am feeling great about myself lately.

Glad you are feeling great about yourself!!

I'm doing well with the veggies.....and doing okay with the burning of the calories. You'd think that because I set the challenge, I would succeed....haha....not always true!! :-)
  • michellelay
    Options
    Put cucumbers on my sandwich for lunch yesterday! Yummy :happy:
  • michellelay
    Options
    I can relate to setting up challenges for myself and failing. I think that since I had my daughter in June, I have started MFP three times and failed yet again. This time, I am motivated. It really helps me to have the challenge because I am accountable to others. I also really like the mini challenges each week.
  • jike1017
    Options
    Ive burned my 2000 cals and have been eating my veggies with every meal
  • TSTagain
    Options
    Ive burned my 2000 cals and have been eating my veggies with every meal

Great job Jike, hooray for you!
  • TSTagain
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend everybody, I lost during the week but I am sure I'm going to gain this weekend. Have a hot date with hubby and he says I should save a lot of calories. So I need to squeeze several hours of exercise in between all the many things happening this weekend.
  • michellelay
    Options
    Hi Group,

I have seen this a bit on the message boards and I needed someone's opinion.

Do you eat all of the calories that you burn in a day?

For example: My calorie count is 1500 for the day. I burn 500 calories. Do I eat 2000 for the day?

MFP states the more you exercise the more you can eat.

Thanks for the help!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Hi Group,

For example: My calorie count is 1500 for the day. I burn 500 calories. Do I eat 2000 for the day?

Thanks for the help!

It really depends on you and what works for your body. Sometimes not eating back your exercise calories can cause you to gain. Or it can cause you to lose more. You'll have to experiment with what works for your body.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend!
  • KristinC4
    Options
    Hi Group,

Thanks for the help!

I have asked this question myself and honestly there is no yes or no answer. It really depends on the person. I personally try not to eat my exercise calories, but I have a few friends on MFP that say that if they don't eat their exercise calories they do not see the results they want. My advice is test it out for yourself and see which way is best for you.
  • michellelay
    Options
    Yesterday I ate over my caloric intake by about 300 calories. :sad: But, I am still staying motivated, and realizing that this will happen at times. I ran on the treadmill today and believe me I really did not feel like it.

I find myself obsessing about the scale. I have always been like this. I think I need to weigh myself on Mondays only. I find that if I go up just a bit, I get very discouraged.