What do I do with all these calories?!

Options
Input all my food for the day--I find it easier to stay on track if I input everything right away in the morning, rather than entering it as I go--and I'm STILL going to have 324 calories left for the day. Guess I'm going a bit overboard with controlling my portion sizes, because I have a LOT of food packed in my lunch!

I'm already running at least a 700 calorie deficit for my daily goal, so I don't feel comfortable just leaving it at that, but if I don't plan what I'm going to eat I'll end up splurging on the bowl of candy my coworkers have in the office right below me...and there are other snacking options around the office but most of them are high in carbs (breads and grains) and I'm already over my carb goal for the day. *sigh* Any thoughts?

Replies

• wsclink
    Options
    I usually add some nuts (Planters has different kinds of nut mixes that are delicious) -- they are higher in calorie (good fat) and don't really fill you up.
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Add in some hesalthy fas,avacados,nuts,cheese etc.

Don't forget to treat yourself every now and then!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I agree. I find I do better if I enter all the food I "plan" on eating first thing in the morning or even the night before. This way I know where I can add an extra treat. Where are all your calories? Maybe divid up your calories more evenly through out the day? I have a sheet my gym provided that recommends:

Breakfast about 300 calories
    Snack 100-200 calories
    Lunch about 400-500 calories
    snack 100-200 calories
    Dinner 500-600 calories
    snack 100-200 calories

This is a little more than my allowed amount of calories but I just adjust by precentage to my calorie limit.
  • tseecka
    tseecka Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    They are divided up, that's not the problem...the problem is that I'm going to have an additional 300 calorie deficit (well, 260 now--I had a Riesen ^///^) over and above the 700.

I tend to go for things with rather more gusto than is usually required, and I don't want to trap myself in the mode of thinking, "Less food = less weight". I'm the type of person who will, accidentally, end up in starvation mode without even realizing it so I need to avoid that, and the best way to do that is to shoot for exactly my goal + exercise calories every day.

Nuts are a good idea, thanks!