New to Calorie Counting!

Options
I'm Risa -- I'm 27 years old, a mother of one, and a full time graduate student. Up until about a week ago I was on Weight Watchers and I was having a lot of success, but I had to go off plan because I couldn't afford the monthly fee. Since I still have about 7 more pounds to lose before I hit my goal, I decided to switch to counting calories.

Since this is something that I've never done before, I've had some ups and downs this first week (mostly downs), but I think that I'm finally starting to get it. I'm on a 1200 calorie/day diet and if I can stick to it, I should hit my target within the next 5-6 weeks.

I'm excited to be a member of the MyFitnessPal community and to see what I can accomplish counting calories!

Replies

• melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp, you will love this site just logg in all of your food and it will total it for you and go to your profile and add put your info iin it will evean figure your goals. Add me as a friend if you want, we all support each other if it is 2 pound or 200 pounds we are trying to loose
  • jewels68
    Options
    Welcome... This is a great site and so many supportive people to talk and share with.
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also just made the "switch". I am finding it easier to count calories and this site is awesome! I will send you a friend request, the support I have had this week is amazing. Good luck! I think you will be happy here.:flowerforyou:
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site will also help u maintain your weight once u reach goal so that u don't gain it back. I think its important once at goal to keep logging forawhile because of the calorie difference and needing to learn to adjust to the difference in calories.

Just remember the last 20 to 30lbs takes the longest to come off, so if ur not at goal right on time in the 5-6week time frame, just keep at it!
  • heatherslosingit
    Options
    You will love it on here so much support and encouragement good luck feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Bookish_Mama
    Bookish_Mama Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement! I can already tell that I'm in the right place! :smile:
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is my first time logging calories also. I have done really well with it. I am down 21 pounds in 2 months! It is a lot easier than I ever dreamed it would be! I think it will help you maintain too. The support here is awesome! Add me as a friend if you like! :flowerforyou: