Ready to make some friends

Options
Hey everyone!

Where to begin?

I have been on MFP for 2 weeks and I'm ready to start making some friends. I really love this site and I have a whole lot of weight to lose (so I should be here for quite a while!).

A little about myself.. I'll be 25 this month, I'm a disabled SAHM of one and I have a lot of health issues. I have always been heavy but my health took a turn for the worse this year. I have always been around the 270lb-mark but gained weight very rapidly at the start of this year and ballooned up to 357 lbs.

I've spent all year in so many doctors offices. It has been completely overwhelming. So much so that I have become a total hermit and even though I've always *at least* been social online I've even been too drained even for that. I've been in a little apartment all year with my son. I have no friends where I live now and no family support. It's been an extremely lonely, depressing year. I do have a great boyfriend but he works a very demanding job so we don't see each other as much as we would like.

I've had a whole lot of stress in my life. I wonder if the stress has caused a lot of my weight and health problems. Anywho..

I'm tired of living in this miserable bubble. I couldn't even walk for the majority of the year and the other day I actually walked in a grocery store. I never thought that walking with a shopping cart would make me emotional - It did! I have back pain, bone pain and I broke my leg in August so it is still not 100%... but I am pushing myself hard.

I am so determined to get better and I'd love to have some motivated friends on MFP to share this experience with! My initial goal weight is 250. I will re-evaluate my goals when the time comes :)

Nichele

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! There are some really amazing people here on MFP... There are those who will keep you motivated and encoureaged and those who will keep you laughing and remembering to not take life too seriously!!! There are those who will iritate the poop outta of ya too... I recommend avoiding those and adding the first two examples as friends =) LOL
    But really, good luck on your journey!! Celebrate every victory!!!!!!!!
  • Iamachocaholic
    Options
    I agree with Kandyjo ... and feel free to add me as a friend ... :~)
  • aims78
    aims78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have a lot of weight left to lose too, just got to have faith in yourself that's all you can do.. :) You can add me as a friend if you would like.. take care!
  • pattynava
    Options
    Welcome....This is a great site, let the tools work for you and use them! Good Luck on your journey:smile:
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend for support on your journey, hun! :flowerforyou:
  • Sabss1
    Options
    hey.. plz cheer up ... i am also new to MFP and lets hope that we will acheive our goals !
    i also have no friends and my husband is out on a tour for a month. Iam a working mom of a 2 yrs old son.
    lets try hard and lets make it possible and lets show it to the world that yesss we can do it !!!!!!!!!
    stay happy .. !!
    yes plz do something abt ur bone pain cuz it hurts a lot especially during winters. i am also suffering from back pain and i am diagnosed with a Bulging disc problem post delivery. It hurts and i feel pain all the time.

keep in touch :)
    regards,
    Sabss1
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) Feel free to add me as well if you would like another friend (this goes to anybody looking for another friend) :)
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. We share many of the same problems in addition to the 200+lbs I need to lose. Everybody here has been incredibly supportive and nice. Feel free to add me.

aug
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to the site and could use some friends as well. So far I have found everyone to be really supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend! I think you are going to feel a lot better in all areas of your life as you get closer to reaching your weight loss/health goals!
  • bethechangeuwant
    bethechangeuwant Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! There are some really amazing people here on MFP... There are those who will keep you motivated and encoureaged and those who will keep you laughing and remembering to not take life too seriously!!! There are those who will iritate the poop outta of ya too... I recommend avoiding those and adding the first two examples as friends =) LOL
    But really, good luck on your journey!! Celebrate every victory!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself, Kandyjo!!! I've been here for over a year and just now became social with the site...still haven't encountered the irritating kind-in time I suppose. It is quite different when I log on now & have reinforcing words, supporting my efforts!!! Love it! It's about the journey NOT the destination. I'd be happy to come along side you in yours!! =)
  • akelli01
    akelli01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You've made the first step. I would love to be your friend on here. It's always nice to know there are other people out there struggling with the same things you are. By the way, I'm Amanda. :)
  • Bookish_Mama
    Bookish_Mama Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Nichelle!

I am inspired by your motivation, especially after all that you have been through! I'm new to the community (and to calorie counting), as well, and I have had a year of ups and downs, too. I understand how health concerns -- especially unexpected ones -- can affect your weight and everything else. I hope that you find the support and encouragement, AND FRIENDSHIP, that you'll need to be as successful as possible!

Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations!! Getting started is always the hardest part, but I'm sure your determination and motivation will see you through! Keep up the good work, lady!!!
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Stress is a big factor in weight gain. Its part of how I got to where I'm at too. Stress and Depression. While I've been a part of MFP for a while I just got into the social aspect of it. I know you will find it just as fun and exciting as I have so far! Feel free to add me as a friend...we can motivate each other!! :)
  • sbanders
    Options
    Feel free to add me...
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!

I have been lurking on the boards for the last 2 weeks so yes, I have noticed the majority of folks here seem really supportive :)

Sorry if my post sounded really depressing - my whole life is one long depressing story it seems. I'm not going to let it destroy my future and my progress. Taking it one day at a time! Thank you all so much for responding. I will definitely add you all!

Nichele
  • kantone999
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the right track. Best of luck to you reaching your goals. You can do it...just takes time and sticking with what you've chosen. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want another cheerleader.