Logging exercise with HRM question...

Options
Hi,

I keep creating new exercises on my mobile everytime I workout using my HRM since when I enter the times for previous exercises I created, the calories never match up. Does everyone else do this or am I missing something? I wish you could be more accurate and account for the time in seconds, too!

Replies

• kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    just change the calories instead on add the exercise again
  • eclecticdeb
    eclecticdeb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to get a "to the exact calorie" in a database. Everybody is different. For example, if you are a 28 year old healthy fit male taking a SPIN class, you'll burn more calories than me (a moderately overweight, somewhat fit 49 year old woman).

And putting in exercise to the SECOND? Why do you think you need to do that? The 'extra" calories that you may (or may not) account for will more than be covered by a slight increase in measurements (i.e. an apple may be a scosh bigger than what the database thinks).
  • eclecticdeb
    eclecticdeb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I keep creating new exercises on my mobile everytime I workout using my HRM since when I enter the times for previous exercises I created, the calories never match up. Does everyone else do this or am I missing something? I wish you could be more accurate and account for the time in seconds, too!

Just re-read this...
    You'll always have different calorie readings for the same exercise (taken on different days). It all depends on how hard you were working,and for how long. It will be impossible for your to recreate EXACTLY the same HR each and every day. I get around this by adjusting the minutes. Example: my HRM will show 780 calories burned during along bike ride (that took me about 90 minutes). However, I only need to put in something like 72 minutes to get the same calorie burn calculation. I'm not stressing that MFP only shows 72 minutes of exercise -- I'm more concerned with getting the calorie burn correct.