MILF not a possibility?

Options
I just had my second child. After my first child is the time I really got into the best shape of my life. I thought I looked great; I was actually using bathing suit pics of myself pre-second- pregnancy for inspiration. However, I was having a conversation w my best friend earlier and we were discussing a mutual friend of ours weight loss. During this discussion she said that after I had my first child I never looked as thin or as "good" as I did pre-pregnancy. This quite frankly shocked me because I had lost all the baby weight plus 20lbs with in 9 months,no saggy skin or anything. (113lbs) She said once you have a kid, you cant possibly ever be thin enough again or look as attractive as you did pre-pregnancy; you will always look as if you have given birth. She said, I looked good for having a kid and now with my second, I look like I've had two kids. Is it possible to be a mom and have others perceive you as looking good period; not merely looking good w having 2 kids?

I guess I am stretching for inspiration, because I was restricted from exercising during my pregnancy (because of medical complications) and gained a TON of weight; I still have a ways to go, but an trucking along. What is your opinion?

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    How can I put this politely?
    ....your friend is an idiot.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I know women that are in better shape now, than before they had kids. Chasing around and keeping up with kids isn't easy!
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    I have had two kids....you CAN do it!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    your body can look amazing after you have children. Keep working, you will see changes that you love!

You will, however, always 'look like a mom' because your life has changed, and your personality (a little, probably) and now you know the world is made for you and your family and it just gives a different air to a person who is a mom. Maybe more mature looking. It is not about fitness or weight or saggy skin, just about the way you hold yourself, your reactions to things that make you 'look like a mom'.

It is not a bad thing :) There are millions of hot moms out there, and you have every right to be one.
  • alpepp
    alpepp Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Idiot is too kind. I have another five letter word in mind...
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

and a straight up *****!
  • Sieggie
    Options
    You can but it is much harder, especially if you've had a C-section. Good Luck!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Mother of 4 and was just joking around about being a MILF.......it is totally possible after having kids....your friend is not to smart

also had a c-section with one of them and all of my babies were close to 10 pounds....IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to that. I was in better shape after 3 pregnancies than I was before all of them. I personally like to prove people wrong so someone telling me that would make me work harder for it just to show them.
  • vtgirl77
    Options
    Truly an idiot....I've had 3 and look at me...someone told me "I've turned 13 again." lol...you can do anything you put your mind to...
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Your friend is full of it. Maybe she is saying these things to make herself feel better about herself. She is probably secretly jealous of your accomplishment! A good looking woman is good looking regardless of how many children she popped out.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Ditto you friend being an idiot. I am 31, have had 3 children and look much better than I did at 22 years old. I also dress better but that's not the point.
  • SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ignore your friend. look at heidi klum!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My mom had six children. She gained and lost 300 lbs within a 10 year span and she is ****ing hot with a fantastic bod. You're friend is a moron.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't know why your friend said those things to you, but I disagree. I've known moms who have had three kids that look better than people who have never given birth.

Maybe your friend is jealous.

Or maybe that's her perception....

but I don't think it's true.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely not true. I've seen women who snap right back looking better than before. Sounds like sour grapes to me so I'd just ignore her comments and carry on.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids yet. However, my friend has four. Two of which are twins and she looks just as good as she did when we were in high school. I don't know what your friend is talking about.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    That's so mean that she would tell you that. Look at the celebs, they seem to get their bodies back.

I've had 2 and my body is not the same...... How could it be? But it doesn't mean I'm not hot! :wink:
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    OMG! I know many women who have more than 2 kids and are in amazing shape! You're friend sounds like she may be jealous. Don't listen to that negativity. I LOVE my shape after having my two kids, (minus the lbs that need to be lost of course, lol) Stay strong, keep working out, eating healthy, and show your friend that smokin' body of yours...She will and SHOULD owe you an apology.
  • sryan8408
    Options
    Are you sure that she's your friend? It honestly doesn't sound like it. You can do it. Don't let her negativity bring you down.