Am new here, want to lose 15 lbs on 1200 cal(sedentary lifes

Options
Hi,

I am new here, and have been browsing the website a little, still reading bits and pieces on the different threads.

I want to lose another 15 pounds down to 124 but really would like some ideas as to what to eat , perhaps even a sample of a few days with menus. No dairy and no wheat (allergies) but what else would be good to include?

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks so much

Bloss

Replies

• tamingdawn
    tamingdawn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello Bloss,

One thing that I keep finding when I look at diets are the more organic foods, veggies and fruits, you eat the better. I'm brand new at this whole weight watching thing but I know that if my food is in odd shapes, like a sandwich, cut with a cookie cutter to remove edges and part of the size, seems to fill me faster then a regular one.

I know that's not hugely helpful and for that I'm sorry, but I would be here as your online cheerleader helping you through as I'm trying to get through as well. :)

Nancy
  • cmcmicheal
    Options
    Lot's of white fish or any other seafood and chicken. Lean pork and red meat. Grouned turkey has a lot fewer calories and fat than hamburger meat and is good in things like spaghetti sauce or chili. Fruit is generally really low in calories as well as fresh vegetables. Peanut butter is good for protein but not too much as its a little high in fat. Lots of water and. Good luck, I am on a 1200 calorie a day plan too and am losing at least a lb a week. You can do it!
  • sryan8408
    Options
    Basil pesto chicken with fingerling potatoes with butter spray :). Just cut 4 oz of chicken into bit size pieces, salt and pepper, spray with butter spray (pretty sure its dairy free but if not I'm sure you know of a substitute), sautee, then at walmart they have prepackaged basil pesto, add two tablespoons of the green stuff. Then just cut up the potatoes, boil, drain etc, And flavor with salt and pepper and butter spray. Yum!
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm hoping to lose about 12lbs in total. I'm vegetarian so my food intake isn't going to look a great deal like yours. I've had to eat wheat- and dairy-free in the past though, so I know what a challenge it can be. I had a recipe book called 'Cooking Without' and found it very helpful.

If you're sedentary, and exercise isn't an issue due to health problems, then surely starting to exercise is the way forward?

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hello Bloss,
    I'm brand new at this whole weight watching thing but I know that if my food is in odd shapes, like a sandwich, cut with a cookie cutter to remove edges and part of the size, seems to fill me faster then a regular one.

Wait, so you're saying that a partial sandwich, fills you up better than a full sandwich, because it's cut in odd shapes? Do these odd shapes stack poorly, (ala tetris) in your stomach?