Options

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    You can do it :D
  • baldchocnsexy
    Options
    I'm not sure your friend isn't just plain mean.
  • healthyfitglutenfreebug
    Options
    Ignore negative people and listen to others who are positive. Life is too short to listen to Negative Nellies.

She sounds jelous to me.

You can't tell me if you lined up 10 women you could tell who is a mother and who isn't.

Congrats on your new bubba:)
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    How can I put this politely?
    ....your friend is an idiot.

X2
  • demonNIИ
    Options
    This is embarrassing and depressing me but I keep chugging along on my journey BUT my friend from high school that I grew up with, she has 5 kids and looks better than I do NOW and I've had ZERO :( I would kill for her arms and she obviously doesn't have the time to work out. I don't know how she does it. :/
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am astounded that your self esteem is so low post baby that you are even considering that the nonsense you friend is spouting might be true
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am about to hit 40. I can honestly say that I might not have the body I had in my 20's, but I have never felt more self confident, beautiful, and downright sexy than I do now...and it shows. There is no way that I would even wish to go back in time...things are just too good now and only going to get better.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    That's just crazy talk! I know two women who each have two kids (both had one c/s and one vbac) and you cannot tell at all. They both have amazingly flat stomachs and are thin and fit. One is just lucky that she is naturally thin and the other works her butt off.

But, it's definitely possible.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've had 7 children, and i'm back into a size 6. I'm covered in stretch marks, but i've got better muscle tone than since i was in my early 20s. Gravity does harsh things to the body, but that's aging for ya. The Zumba trainer at our gym is the hottest woman i've ever seen, and she's got 5 boys.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she's jealous???? I just had my 3rd baby this past december and got back to prepregnancy wgt and clothing. Keep doing ur thang girl!
  • LKBuckingham
    Options
    I know who you're talking about! I do Turbo Jam... that woman is ripped! I hope I look half as good as her, now and after kids.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think that all moms can achieve MILF status!!! Your friend is a little crazy in that respect. I'm a mom of 2 and am busting my back side to be the hot mom that I know that I can be now. I've had 3 c sections and 1 other abdominal surgery so my abs have taken a beating. Do Not let this persons narrow mindness of your personal goals be a stumbling block. You CAN DO IT!!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I remember a passage I read from the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy about getting your figure back. She said you will never look the same again. You may look better or worse but not the same.

I agree with this. Hips may spread, there may be stretch marks, c section scars or other changes but that doesn't mean you can't still look and feel amazingly sexy. I know too many women who look fabulous after having children.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    OP, as others have said, your friend is an idiot.

Look at it this way, you can't have MILF without the "Mom" part. Stop listening to your friend.
    Options
    Lots of major European models have children so I call bull****,
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You probably look so good that your friend is jealous that you look as good as you do after having your first and soon after having your second!!
    Don't let some "friend" make you determine how you FEEL about YOU!!!!

In my experience, those who criticize you like that, wish they looked as good!!!!

Keep your head held high and know you look FABULOUS!!!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm not usually one to play the "jealousy" card-- in fact, I hate it when people *kitten*.u.me that's anyone's motivation... But in this case? Yes, your friend sounds ridiculous, and that's a possible motivation.A previous poster mentioned the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy (which I loved!) and that author, a former Playmate, mentioned that belly buttons always change... I think she's right. Some things might change, though, but they're not things that would make someone less attractive (unless they are-- like the ring of stretch marks around the belly button my third 10 lb child gifted me with, but I just mean in general-- the body changes aren't a permanent downgrade unless you have saggy skin or something (which is not that big a deal, anyway).
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

Idiot is too kind. I have another five letter word in mind...

I have a four letter word in mind and rhymes with punt.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    MILF status is absolutely achievable!!!! I have had 2 sections and I am in the best shape of my life!!!! Lots of people are surprised when they find out I've had 2 children. If you surround yourself with supportive people, keep working at it and believe you can do it...you will reach your goals!!!!

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Your "friend" needs to get slapped.
    Seriously, after I had my son, I got hips. I mean I tend to have a boyish figure but having my son gave me hips of a sort.
    There is no logic to that ***** saying you can't look as good, you can be better!