Need help finding a good HRM!

Options
I have been hoping to buy a heart rate monitor for a while but everyone has told me that unless you buy a really expensive one ($100 +) that they do not work too well. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Replies

• raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar F7.

I believe that you get what you pay for, and I believe that, unless it has a chest strap, it's not going to be very accurate.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and LOVE it
  • tommys
    tommys Posts: 61
    Options
    Polar FT 40 is what I use and I love it! Bought my wife and I one each on ebay new for about $70 each.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Whatever you get, be sure it has a chest strap, or else it's pretty much worthless. I have a Garmin FR60 and it rocks, but a lot of people on here have a Polar. The only negative thing I've heard about Polar is that on some models, once the battery in the chest strap dies, you have to get a whole new chest strap, and those can be about $60-$70 to replace. If you decide to order one, check out www.heartratemonitorsusa.com. Last time I was on there they had really good prices and free shipping. But, yes, expect to spend anywhere from $70 on up for a good one.
  • dannylives3
    dannylives3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 has been working fine for me for 2 weeks.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    I have a bowflex precision XT and it works great. If you look up "precision XT you will find about three brands, which are exactly the same with different names. It gives you all the functions that you want; heart rate, Cals burned, in zone, below zone, above zone, time working out, warm up, etc. and a couple different methods of keeping track. I paid 30 bucks

I would check Amazon.com for the best prices.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! Looks like I have some searching to find the best prices but i definitely know where to start now :)