Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaws!

Just checking in today. Running low on veggies. Thinking about trying spaghetti squash.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    ****Our Head Girl is Kelsue35, again, with an impressive 7045 House Points earned for October! She's using exercise to help her quit smoking, so double kudos to her for that! :)

Whew. I'm still blown away that someone can average nearly four hours of exercise per day. I'm not sure how I'd even find the time, let alone the energy or the food to support it, lol. Granted, I'm still not a fan of exercising much, so I don't think I'd be too tempted either way. ;)

On a more curious note, though (oh that Ravenclaw curiosity), I've heard different people say different things about exercising several hours a day, but does anyone have any good resources on whether or not it's healthy to work out so many hours in a week? I've seen a few sites here and there talk about how extreme exercising can be a bad thing, but then again, it's something I see fairly often on here, so I'm curious more than anything.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw.
    sundancer-hope today is better for you. many of my mfp and real life friends (and also me) are finding that they are feeling low at the moment. phase of the moon?? anyway, hang in there. we're all here for you.
    kelly-i also have wondered about the extended workout times. i can barely get through 30minutes most days.
    great numbers posted this month. you all amaze and inspire me daily!!

today is the reason i started on mfp back in the spring. tonight is the first of several Senior Night ceremonies that i will be attending with my daughter as she is a high school senior this year. for some of their activities the students are presented along with their parents. translate-lots of people gawking at you wich i am uncomfortable with on the best of days. tonight is the last football game and she is in marching band. i am older than most mothers of 17 years olds and i was determined to NOT be the old AND fat lady standing in front of the entire crowd at the game. well, i'm still old (but was recently hit on by a good looking guy 17 years younger than me-so i guess i don't look all that bad:blushing: ), and i'm still over weight, but i'm so pleased with how far i've come. couldn't have done it without mfp, and certainly not without my Ravenclaw friends!! so thanks to all of you for you support these past 6 months. :flowerforyou:

have a great day everyone.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Today's Stats:
    Exercise (150 reps)- +1
    Food (veggies)- +1
    spirit- +1
    House points: 45

Weekly Stats:
    OWLS: 16House Points: 351
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Thanks PSB13! Glad to hear about yoru NSV that is awesome!

i think my hormones are going wonky again, i am really out of sorts. I am stressed, but used to it. I am happy, i know that but i am feeling very sad. I am fighting it.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Well according to the doctor-type scale at work, I am down about 2.5 pounds since the beginning of the week. Saturday's weigh-in will tell me for sure. Unfortunately I think a lot of it is stress-induced. My teen daughter has really had me running the emotional gamut this week.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I actually got my reps in yesterday! but not by choice, my ttrainer thoguht it was a great idea to do 50 half squats (90 degree angle instead of all the way down) in a row, fast as possible. And then bulgarians. My legs hurt so bad!

Otherwise I struggle to get the full 150 in.

Its a C25K day today but I don't know how I will do, my thighs are still super sore.
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hanging in there, I think I finally shedded half a pound, the darn 146.5 would not go away on the scale!
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    these last two weeks have been really hectic for me, getting the family ready for the holiday, playing shows, and eating my sons trick or treat candy have not helped with my weight loss. On top of all that I have been trying to get my resume written and sent off so I can go back to work for the first time in three years.. Stress eating much?

weighing in this morning at 142.4
    490 house points this week.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself early and was down to 150..... :)) lets just see if i can keep it off till my weigh in on sunday. oooooo.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    November Week 2 Challenges

Gosh - Friday already and I haven't posted challenges for week 2! So, here they are - start on them after you weigh in this weekend:

Food: Since Halloween is over and there is still candy tempting us all, we're going to repeat the no junk food challenge! I know you're all excited about that! :bigsmile:

Exercise: Ab Aware: Throughout the day, concentrate on tightening your abs. While at a stop light, tighten and hold in abs until light is green. Lets make it at least 5 times a day. Other ideas, hold them in while brushing your teeth, during commercial breaks. Hold for at least 30 seconds at a time. Do this 5 times for 30 seconds each day. This will also help you with your posture!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I weighed myself early and was down to 150..... :)) lets just see if i can keep it off till my weigh in on sunday. oooooo.
    Good job Sami! If you keep it there, you'll officially win! Can't wait to see your weigh in!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I reminded our Head Master that we had 2 Head Girls last month and asked her to double check. I think our own liz11599 has a good chance at it again. Will keep you posted!
    So here's the news from our Head Master:
    Here's the second Head Boy: Daddylion87 with 5962 House Points for the month! I'm so sorry to have left you out the first time, great work!
    Liz was a close third with 5660 House Points. Sorry Liz :( You'll have to remove the badge from your signature.

I also forgot to announce that our Quidditch Captain for the month is Scarlettdawn764 for losing the most last month. momofJandA, you need to hand over the badge to Scarlettdawn764!

(Scarlett, here's the link for your signature - remember to change both IMG to img):
    [IMG]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312189_585577752123_179201885_32339275_1927232066_n.jpg [/IMG]
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to Scarlettdawn764
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yay thanks! It'll be fun having the Quidditch Captain badge for the month!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning and happy saturday Ravenclaw. had a really nice time at the game last night. managed to not embarrass my daughter and cry at senior night...too cold, tears would have frozen to my face!! my 83 year old mother and i have made it our regular friday night time together to go to the games. it's been a lot of fun. it was kinda sad to watch the seniors last night remembering some of them from 5 years old and listening to them talk about where they're going to college one second then watching them doing crazy antics like little kids the next second!! not sad, really, bittersweet i suppose. anyway, another losing season for our team, but some great memories none the less.
    sorry to babble on, anyway, hope everyone has a great day!!
    congrats to scarlettdawn for making Quidditch Captain. great work!!
  • DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Congrats scarlettdawn for making Captain:) Hope everyone's having a good weekend. Have been really busy with work and trying to plan for a charity toy box collection for xmas for an Orphanage in Indonesia. Hope everything goes well and management approves. *crosses fingers* Have a great weekend everyone :D
  • korkster
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!

Here are my weekly stats:

CW= 335.0
    House Points (exercise)= 15
    Food OWL (veggies)= 3
    Spirit OWL= 5

Exercise has been meager since I'm still starting out, but today I'm going to a zumba class so hopefully that will help. My goal is to get one good workout in a week.

Have a great day!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ravenclaw! Slowly but surely I am getting myself back together. That surgery really knocked me for a loop! I took 4 naps on Tuesday and then slept the entire night! It was all I could do to get through the workdays Wed - Friday. Today I have a mid-term that I have not been able to study for. I'll spend some time this morning reviewing vocabulary definitions and then go in and hope for the best.

Weighing in this week at 151.5 pounds - down 1.5! :D
    food: 3
    exercise: 1
    spirit: 7
    Total OWLs: 11
    House Points: 60

Not a fantastic week for me as far as points goes, but next week should be better!! Have a great day everyone!
  • korkster
    Options
    Holy cheese batman! Just finished the zumba class. About midway through, my right leg went numb, but I regained feeling by the end. That was so much fun! I'm definitely going again, and recommend it to anyone who's bored with their exercise. It's like jazzercise, but in a salsa/Latin format.