KFC calories

Options
PZlady
PZlady Posts: 137 Member
Some wonderful person gave us the calories for Kentucky Fried Chicken grilled chicken breast WITHOUT SKIN. Does anyone know the calories for their grilled chicken thigh without skin? Thanks for your help!!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I assume you can find it here:
    http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/

Hope this helps!
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    chances are it is also in the MFP database... many restaurants are... it makes eating out that much easier
  • PZlady
    Options
    Guess I didn't mention that I've already looked on the web and MFP database. More ideas are always welcome!!!
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    According to the pdf on their website http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/pdf/kfc_nutrition.pdf, there's no description of the grilled chicken w/o skin.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    if you want to lose weight and/or get healthy then KFC should be avoided at all costs. it is NOT healthy with the skin on or off. K FRIED C...says it all.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Pfft. I had a full meal there today for lunch - coincidentally - and it came in at 600 Calories, including biscuit.
  • mumof5
    Options
    ok so the cal count is not too bad (i would think that 300 cals for lunch would be more than enough) but did you think about wot it did to your arteries???? come on isn't our goal long term HEALTH!
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    ok so the cal count is not too bad (i would think that 300 cals for lunch would be more than enough) but did you think about wot it did to your arteries???? come on isn't our goal long term HEALTH!
    To be fair, I probably get more than is typical since I'm at 255#, and 600 Cal is at the high end of a normal lunch for me (if I skip the afternoon snack). Fat IS a bit high, but I tweaked the rest of the day to come in at just 1 gram over fat for the day. I couldn't/wouldn't eat it all three meals, of course. Sodium is probably high, but I don't control that at all since I'm not sodium sensitive.

I am VERY strongly in the "everything in moderation" camp.
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just did a search in the MFP database and it is listed. I put in kfc grilled chicken thigh....then found it listed as "no skin" posted and it has 100 calories
  • PZlady
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!! I looked but didn't see it.

I just did a search in the MFP database and it is listed. I put in kfc grilled chicken thigh....then found it listed as "no skin" posted and it has 100 calories
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    if you want to lose weight and/or get healthy then KFC should be avoided at all costs. it is NOT healthy with the skin on or off. K FRIED C...says it all.

Yes, it's fried.

So?

Eat it in moderation, and it's all good. Ofc it isn't "healthy", but then, who said every single thing we eat or drink has to be healthy and full of nutrients? That's a surefire way to get cravings, fall off, binge, and regain weight!
  • mumof5
    Options
    OK I AGREE THAT MODERATION IS THE KEY BUT....FRIED THAT MEANS BAD NEWS FOR YOUR HEART, YOUR CHOLESTEROL, YOUR ARTERIES, THIN PEOPLE HAVE HEART ATTACKS AND STROKES EVERYDAY. LOOK AFTER YOUR WHOLE SELF NOT JUST THE BITS YOU CAN SEE IN THE MIRROR. :)
  • samdancer86
    samdancer86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    In the UK the boards now have all the calorie content next to the product and it scared me enough to walk back out again. My craving for a Zinger tower + fries and drink came in at over 1100 calories!!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    OK I AGREE THAT MODERATION IS THE KEY BUT....FRIED THAT MEANS BAD NEWS FOR YOUR HEART, YOUR CHOLESTEROL, YOUR ARTERIES, THIN PEOPLE HAVE HEART ATTACKS AND STROKES EVERYDAY. LOOK AFTER YOUR WHOLE SELF NOT JUST THE BITS YOU CAN SEE IN THE MIRROR. :)

The question was about their 'grilled' chicken, not about their 'fried' chicken.
  • mrscruikshank
    mrscruikshank Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The question was about their 'grilled' chicken, not about their 'fried' chicken.
    [/quote]

Very good point. : )