If you ate like I did today

Options
Would you consider it a good day, bad day, neutral day, OK day? I've been off my game and I'm trying to get back to eating better. Also, what changes would you make if you would consider today a bad day for yourself?

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have your diary for today!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I would consider it a fantastic day!
  • andreacord
    Options
    Good day =)
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Looks like a great day to me...feel free to eat some (not all) of those exercise cals sometimes.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    PERSONALLY, it would be a bit more processed (eg.mayo, harmful chemical sweeteners, margarine,etc) than I'm used to having, but really you did a great job! Keep it up :)
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great day for me.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That would be an awesome day. Wish it were mine, haha!
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Youre all great. Thank you for taking the time to look and share your opinions.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It would be a bad day for me...not enough to eat! I'd be gnawing the furniture about now if that is all I had today!

In order to improve it for ME, I'd cut out the processed and artificial items and add a bunch of vegetables, whole grains, and some nuts or sunflower seeds.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Not good. 1000 net calories, low in protein and fat.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I pray for days like yours.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Not good. 1000 net calories, low in protein and fat.

Agreed.
  • rstaylor
    Options
    oooh that would be a bad day for me :S My base calorie intake is 1270, and I usually sit around the 1000 mark, even with my exercise calories.... I think maybe you have too much for your after brekkie/lunch/dinner snacks, they seem a little excessive?? But thats just me, I dont know what you BMR etc is....might be good for you lol :)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    oooh that would be a bad day for me :S My base calorie intake is 1270, and I usually sit around the 1000 mark, even with my exercise calories.... I think maybe you have too much for your after brekkie/lunch/dinner snacks, they seem a little excessive?? But thats just me, I dont know what you BMR etc is....might be good for you lol :)

You're kidding right?
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    not good... not enough protein & too much sodium for the amount of calories..
    i don't eat bacon, don't put margarine in anything, don't use dressing and MAY have a taste of tres leches cake ..
    so, if i ate all of these in ONE day ... it would be horrible! and i eat about 1800-2000 calories daily
    have a cheat meal or two in on the weekends when i go out with family, boyfriend &/or friends
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options

You're kidding right?
    my thought exactly... who only eats 1200 calories a day everyday?! insanity i say :x excuse my honesty
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'd say its a GREAT day :D
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Would you consider it a good day, bad day, neutral day, OK day? I've been off my game and I'm trying to get back to eating better. Also, what changes would you make if you would consider today a bad day for yourself?

Looks good to me. :) I've been at this almost 2 years and have reached my goal weight. Now I'm just trying to get a handle on this whole maintenance thing. Don't let anyone tell you that your day was anything less than stellar! You are here for a reason... and that reason was probably because you weren't making the best food choices in the past. I can only assume that today is completely different than what you were eating before. So kudos to you for trying to change your lifestyle and choose healthier options. No one... and I mean NO ONE on MFP has perfected their diaries. Go with what works for you. If in a few weeks you are seeing results... you are making progress. If not, experiment with more or fewer calories. Change up your exercise routine. Make a change. But do not let anyone or anything discourage you from doing what you're doing. You should be proud of today. :)
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate all the feedback. I usually have 2500+ in sodium so I thought today was an improvement there, even if not ideal. And as for the margerine, I use .5 of a teaspoon, or 1/6 serving because my "non stick" pans are AWFUL lol. I suppose I should be working in the processed stuff, but it works alright for me right now.

I really appreciate everyones input/advice/opinions. And to the person right above me, I loooove your progress pictures and your comment made me smile, thank you :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    my thought exactly... who only eats 1200 calories a day everyday?! insanity i say :x excuse my honesty

I do.

But I don't work out yet. :tongue: