Friends don't let friends eat out

Options
2»

Replies

• Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just read this tip on Tumblr. Maybe it will help someone here :)
    “When dining out, opt to get 1/2 your entree put in a doggy bag when you order. Ask them to bring it to you with the check. Not only will you get a more appropriate sized portion that evening but you’ll also have lunch for tomorrow! Save moola, unnecessary calories and time in the kitchen the next day.
  • argharna
    Options
    when I go out with friends I offer to split a meal that way I can eat whatever but not be tempted to over eat.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    no clue about the pizza but maybe get the burger without the bun? or ask about a whole grain bun? i understand how its hard to be the "downer" when hanging out, but really your friends should indulge you once in a while and go somewhere healthier... subway has pizza for them and a sub or salad for you. maybe they would be ok with them?
    Who goes for a night out with friends at Subway? :indifferent:

true and LOL!
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Try to select something relatively "healthy" from the menu, or figure out a way to fit it into your daily calories or, if it fits your schedule, make that day a "free day" or "splurge day".

This. The world isn't going to change because you are changing.
    Ultimately this.

It helps a bit if you can do some recon on the web beforehand, but some places are just going to screw you totally. Olive Garden is a perfect example as there is no entree below 770 Cal and the salad is 400 Cal. When that happens, I try to do the half thing, whether splitting it with someone or taking half home and it's still a huge meal. Add any alcohol and you can blow up the total into the stratosphere. Sometimes you just have to roll with it; one day won't derail you.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    no clue about the pizza but maybe get the burger without the bun? or ask about a whole grain bun? i understand how its hard to be the "downer" when hanging out, but really your friends should indulge you once in a while and go somewhere healthier... subway has pizza for them and a sub or salad for you. maybe they would be ok with them?
    Who goes for a night out with friends at Subway? :indifferent:

:drinker: and what's wrong with Subway? epsecially after a late night jog?