Drinking a Cup Of something Hot After A meal true Or False??

Options
2»

Replies

• Divamomma
    Divamomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank You all For Your Inputt , Comments, & Info!!:) Sorry I don't Type The Best a Work In Progress Just Like Everything Else :)
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    it will be chemically digested and absorbed in your small intestine regardless if its solid or not...
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I think that's one of the craziest things I've ever heard. :tongue: Food doesn't "slide" through your gastro-intestinal system… it is processed, regardless of it's "state" (frozen, liquid, hot, cold). Now, maybe there are other benefits to drinking a warm drink after eating, but that certainly wouldn't be it! For example, if my hubby drinks a cup of coffee after dinner, you can find him in the bathroom shortly thereafter. :happy: BUT, that's the PREVIOUS meal, which has already been processed, vacating the premises, not the current meal. Unless, of course, you have an intestinal virus or some other condition that makes your body push food through before it's fully processed.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if that is true, but I heard that if you drink/eat something cold it burns more calories because your body has to exert more energy to get it to a certain temp to digest it.... no idea if that is true either... this is when google comes in handy :P

Heard that drinking on Dr. Oz...drinking ice cold water gets our metabolism going or something to the effect of burning calories