Hi from Washington!

Options
I am new here...wanting to lose 25lbs, which seems SO hard some times. I see stories of others loosing 90lbs and it gives me hope. I have been sticking to an eating plan for a week today and am doing really well. I work out 3-5 times per week.

My biggest challenge is the mental battle...I let myself give up too easily! I want to stick with this and lose the 25lbs and know that I am mentally strong...and not a quitter.

Replies

• cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Welcome!! Hope you're having a good weekend and weight loss can certainly be a straggle you just need to continually work at it. I struggled with it almost my entire life but if you seriously decide it's time for a change you will take the proper action to do so!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    hellllooooooo!
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it. You will love MFP.:smile:
  • Saisha23
    Saisha23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And well wishes on your journey! Living in WA has its challenges, mostly weather! Make the most of those few and far between sunny days :smile: From one Washingtonian to another!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And well wishes on your journey! Living in WA has its challenges, mostly weather! Make the most of those few and far between sunny days :smile: From one Washingtonian to another!
    And learn to LOVE running in the rain. It's the best.
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Where in Washington are you from? I live North of Everett. Welcome, this is a great place to be if you need accountability and support. Best wishes, Terri
  • Saisha23
    Saisha23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    And learn to LOVE running in the rain. It's the best.

Isn't that the truth...lol! I haven't learned to love it, but it's still better than the treadmill! :tongue:
  • ricanstace
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm from central WA just outside Yakima. This is a wonderful site, with lots of great people. Good luck with your goals and remember that you can do anything!!
  • erikalemon
    Options
    The WET side!! Near Bellingham. It certainly rains a lot here, I don't run in the rain much, I am kinda wimpy about that, lol!
    I do have a treadmill though.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Welcome! What you need is a few (or a lot) of MFP friends that actively share with you daily. It gets to the point where you don't want to let THEM down! They will help you get through the tough days, congratulate you on the good days, provide a good laugh now and again for no reason. Good stuff. :flowerforyou: