bumping calories question

Options
jlanab
jlanab Posts: 89 Member
for those of you who increased calories after a plateau and had weight loss what was your starting caloric intake and what did you bump it up to?

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    My initial calorie limit was 1200 and I bumped it to 1310 to help break the plateau. It worked.
    Edit: It took roughly 2 weeks at the increased calorie level before the weight started coming off again.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I was set at 1240 I believe, and after wasting weeks eating too little with no loss, I manually set my cals to my BMR which is 1540. I have been netting that and eating back exercise calories. Losing steadily ever since!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Went from MFP's calculated 1340 calories per day (plus exercise calories) to 1500-1600 calories per day (plus exercise calories).
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I started at 1300 and bumped it t 1600 (which is actually my maintainence calories at my goal weight). Lost 37 pounds.
  • sorryteacups
    Options
    i went from 1200 to 1540 and have been losing steadily every since! (about 1-2 lbs a week)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!