Soreness Help

Options
Does anyone suffer with soreness down the side of there thigh down to calves? I finding it hard in the last 6 months. I join a gym 6 months ago. And I thought I might be able to stretch the muscles out. But nothing happening. I only have to sit short periods get up and walk like little old lady until it loosen up. It same in the car..get out..try walk across the road..without been run over..hurts. Does anyone have the same. Is it to do been overweight?

Replies

• NicoleSix
    Options
    I have the saaaame problem!! I dont think its due to being over weight, because I'm not!!
  • seasondanielle
    Options
    it can be due to weight if your are "heavier" however it could be as simple as needing to stretch out not only your legs but your back and whole body-yoga worked very well for me to lossen up and it also helped lean up my legs better than just weights and cardio. i would def try more stretching, water and mabe a check up with your chiropractor.:happy:
  • jennp1313
    Options
    I have Fibromyalgia, and this is one of the symptoms. Although, with FMS, the stiffness and pain is not just in the legs, but all over the body. Whether or not you have FMS (or something similar) here are some things to try to help with stiffness/pain: Stretching (without rocking on the muscle, just hold it), gentle Yoga, Thercane (device for self-massage), Omega-3 and/or Spirulina (helps with joint lubrication), Tiger's Balm (can be found in a healthfood or drug store, it is an all natural cream that temporarily relieves pain and stiffness), Bengay, alternate heating pad/ice pack, take an anti-inflammatory (such as Ibuprofen). i could probably go on, and on, lol. Most of all, stay active. The more active you are, the higher your pain threshold will be. I hope you get to feeling better soon!! Pain can make weightloss really tough. Good luck!

12311475.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jennp1313
    Options
    oh, and being dehydrated can cause cramping/soreness (among other things!), so get plenty of water.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    OP, there are a lot of things you can do to help combat soreness. If it's muscles that are sore, stretching, gentle walking, cold (immediately after exercise) or heat (after 24 h) can help alleviate the soreness. A good massage therapist may be able to help too.

I can't tell from your post if your problem is occasional soreness over the last six months, or if it;s daily. Daily soreness for that long a period sounds like a good reason to visit your doctor.