Looking for friends who have 50+ to lose and SAHM's

Options
Hi, my name is Laura. I am a 31 year old stay at home wife and mom of two of the most amazing kids. Anna Grace is 6 years old and in 1st Grade, and Jacob is 4 years old and in all day Pre-K at the same Elementary School that my daughter goes to. The kids are my life and I have always put others needs before my own.

My story goes as follows:

I have been overweight since middle school and on into my adult life. I weighed about 215 when My hubby and I got married on April 5, 2003. In 2004, I got pregnant with my daughter and gained like 50 or 60 pounds. I didn't even try to lose any of the weight after she was born. In 2006, I got pregnant with my son and only gained 18 pounds with that pregnancy. I lost about 20 after I gave birth to him but gained it back and some more to go with it. On January 1, 2009 I joined MFP and lost 52 pounds but then let life get in the way and gained it all back and then some. I then was so digusted and discouraged that I deleted my account. I came back and created an account a couple of times only to delete it again. I came back in May of 2011 and was doing really well losing weight but then I fell and injured my knee and couldn't do any walking on my treadmill or anything like that so I gained the weight that I had lost back. I had knee surgery on July 11, 2011 and it helped my knee so much. I started back on my weight loss journey on October 17, 2011 and I have lost 14.4 pounds already. I am more determined than ever to get this weight off and keep it off. I am so tired of the lose it and gain it back cycle. I am not doing that anymore. I exercise every day but Sunday and I log my food every day no matter how good or bad a day is. I have only went over on my calories one day and it was only by 28. I measure all my food and I go by serving sizes. If something says eat 3oz. of it that is what I eat. I know what to do to lose the weight and I will do it. I know this is a process and it will take time to get to where I need/want to be. I didn't gain the weight overnight and it won't come off that way either. I will take this one day at a time and one step at a time. Thanks for taking time to read my story.

Replies

• RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    you can do this, You will succeed
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Im in with you ive got 70 to loose, friend req sent
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    you can do this, You will succeed

• proudmommylmb
    proudmommylmb Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have 60lbs to lose....SAHM too. Although my first child. Your kids are your best motivation and your DH of course.

I'm trying myself and my profile has all mothers on it so try and add them too. We are all trying to lose the weight.

I gained so much weight during and after my pregnancy I went up to 210lbs and some...it was a sight to see.
    Anyways. We are all goign to help each other here. This is a great site.
  • Gr33nstars
    Options
    Request sent :-) Thank you for sharing your story - you sound very strong and focused, plus you've done it before so you can do it again. I'm not a SAHM but I've got over 100lbs to lose and like you this isn't my first time here but I'm determined it will be my last!
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I'm a SAHM of 2 kids and I've lost 80+ lbs since February! I've done exercise 6 days a week like your plan and I was very careful with everything I ate. I'm 10 lbs away from my ultimate goal.
    I was so tired of the up and down, yo-yoing too. Finally fed up and near my goal -- I'm determined to keep it off forever. I'm not changing my good habits --- still keeping up the exercise because I love it now!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Request sent :-) Thank you for sharing your story - you sound very strong and focused, plus you've done it before so you can do it again. I'm not a SAHM but I've got over 100lbs to lose and like you this isn't my first time here but I'm determined it will be my last!

Thanks I added you.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance whats SAHM's
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance whats SAHM's

It means Stay-at-Home Mom. :)
  • sahalley
    sahalley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have well over 50 pounds to lose also and am struggling with it at the moment and am hating myself for it .. please feel free to add me
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    I have well over 50 pounds to lose also and am struggling with it at the moment and am hating myself for it .. please feel free to add me

Don't hate yourself for it, keep on pushing, you can do it!!!!!
  • snickersnomore
    Options
    Wow! I loved reading your story. I have 60 lbs to lose but would ultimately like that 60 to be 75. I have a 12 year old daughter and am really trying to emphasis to her that it is about being healthy and not a specific weight. She is taller than I am and already weighs more than I did when I got married, but I know some of that is her height. We just moved 3000 miles away from our home and did a family plan at a gym here. Our personal trainer is so excited to work with her and has said with her height, she could be a model. Again, we are trying to set the example of being healthy - so I can't completely focus on what my ending weight will be. I would love to join you on this journey.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Wow! I loved reading your story. I have 60 lbs to lose but would ultimately like that 60 to be 75. I have a 12 year old daughter and am really trying to emphasis to her that it is about being healthy and not a specific weight. She is taller than I am and already weighs more than I did when I got married, but I know some of that is her height. We just moved 3000 miles away from our home and did a family plan at a gym here. Our personal trainer is so excited to work with her and has said with her height, she could be a model. Again, we are trying to set the example of being healthy - so I can't completely focus on what my ending weight will be. I would love to join you on this journey.

Thanks for reading my story. I have come a long way and I still have a long way to go. I accepted your friend request.
  • gretchensdoll
    Options
    I am SAHM except for teaching yoga and massage and doula (so mostly home) and 69 lbs. plz friend if you like :)
  • MariaL93
    MariaL93 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura! My name is Maria. You can do this! I have 100 pounds to loose.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    I am SAHM except for teaching yoga and massage and doula (so mostly home) and 69 lbs. plz friend if you like :)

Sent you a friend request!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Hi Laura! My name is Maria. You can do this! I have 100 pounds to loose.

Hi Maria thanks so much for the friend request and the encouragement!!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have probably around 80 to lose or so and am also a SAHM. I had lost 40 and then put it back on. :( In it for the long haul now.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    I have probably around 80 to lose or so and am also a SAHM. I had lost 40 and then put it back on. :( In it for the long haul now.

Thanks for the friend request!!