The McRib is back!

Options

Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ick. i think it's the fact that they try to make it look like ribs that also gets me. *shudder*
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    what the hell was that thing in the egg? and no, i've never had one, probably never will - i'm not big on barbeque sauce stuff, but i do eat mcdonalds.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    ick. i think it's the fact that they try to make it look like ribs that also gets me. *shudder*
    I agree. They have the danged thing shaped like there is actually rip bones in it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    I don't eat at McDonalds period, and neither does my son.
    Till he starts hanging out with friends that eat it when he gets a little older. :wink:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I spent a year in Zamboanga City, Philippines...Balut. The fermented 13 day chicken fetus, sold by sori-sori stands and street vendors all over the phils. I've tried alot of crazy foods but that was crossing the line.
    It's acutally DUCK.
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I honestly haven't had any McDonald's in like 5+ years. Lol
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    That is straight nasty. Thank God I have never eaten on before, and I never will now!
    It's nasty because it's not what you grew up with. You do realize that people from India think we're crazy for eating a cow?
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've never had a McRib and from everything I've heard about them... it will NEVER pass my lips... YUK!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    hmm...what part of "fitness" and all that word implies can a mcrib possibly fall under?

but hey glad i read this thread! now whenever i think i feel hungry i just have to think of a mcrib and the hunger magically vanishes~cool trick! anyone have any more extremely disgusting food they wanna talk about? please? teehee.
    Fitness has really little to do with what you eat. Many of the "ripped" guys and girls here eat fast food regularly and still maintain their conditioning.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    what the hell was that thing in the egg? and no, i've never had one, probably never will - i'm not big on barbeque sauce stuff, but i do eat mcdonalds.
    Duck fetus.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Never had one, never wanted one. I haven't eaten meat in awhile now, but even in my meat eating days, you couldn't pay me to touch that thing! I think McDonalds is the epitome of disgusting!
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat the grease off the grill, and drink the oil they make the fries in.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    A. I worked at McDonald's all through high school and college. Their food safety practices are some of the best in the business. Yes, the McRibs sit in a crock pot but it's on a timer and checked for quality like all their food.

B. I don't particularly like the McRib.

C. I eat McDonald's probably once to twice a week.

Then End.
  • stukawife
    stukawife Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am not even tempted by the McRib. But a 4 piece mcNuggets and a small fry and I am set. I know the calories and it has a low $ cost.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Never had one, never wanted one. I haven't eaten meat in awhile now, but even in my meat eating days, you couldn't pay me to touch that thing! I think McDonalds is the epitome of disgusting!
    You do realize by saying this that you are inadvertently looking down on people that eat it? That some will think that you feel you are "better" than them?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    hmm...what part of "fitness" and all that word implies can a mcrib possibly fall under?

but hey glad i read this thread! now whenever i think i feel hungry i just have to think of a mcrib and the hunger magically vanishes~cool trick! anyone have any more extremely disgusting food they wanna talk about? please? teehee.
    Fitness has really little to do with what you eat. Many of the "ripped" guys and girls here eat fast food regularly and still maintain their conditioning.

Some would argue that "ripped" has little to do with fitness.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I've never had one, but had always wanted to try it.. y'know, just to see what all the hub-bub was about. I'm not a fan of barbecue at ALL though. My friend recommended that I try it in any case. I don't think I ever will though.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    It always amuses me how the holier-than-thou brigade try to outdo themselves in express their "disgust", and how the occasional McDonalds will set back all that hard work people have done!

If a mcrib disgusts you, you've had a very sheltered life so far!

All those McDonalds stories are from employees who got sacked, and try to cover it up by saying how bad McDonalds is hygiene-wise. If anyone actually believes it, they'll believe anything.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Does no one use the Search option anymore? Jeezus.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My son worked at McDonalds when he was in high school. He said that the "meat" for the McRib sat in a crock pot for DAYS and they would just serve it up out of that old greasy crock pot whenever there was an order.

UGHHH... I never eat at McDonalds due to the insider information I received from my son...

I certainly will never encourage anyone to eat at McD but they are not all like this. I worked at one for a couple of years back in the day and it was very clean. Any of the horrors you hear of in fast food or restaurants was grounds for immediate firing. But they are franchised so it's pretty much up to the owners and the managers they hire.
    I worked at one in HS and if the hamburger patty fell on the floor the cook would put it back on the flat top for a few seconds each side and then put it in the sandwhich.

Hope you don't eat at most any restaurant then because this happens in 'nicer' chains (i.e. ruby tuesday) etc too.