pet peeves!

Options

Replies

• RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That starvation mode magically happens under 1200 calories, net or otherwise. Some people only got 1200 because of how they set their weight goals and could still be undereating by sticking to it.

Wow!! True. Never thought of that but I have seen a score of people that have said they have not lost weight at all doing all the right things and eating what calories they are suppose to eat then they go crazy and over eat and then lose weight and they can't figure that out. LOL!! How about RUN ON SENTENCES??? LOL!!
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I too noticed that it should have been life is too short...but i didn't correct them. Because its not that big of a deal. His sentence made sense to me. It was clear and he got his point across. That's all that matter. I am sure you dont always have perfect grammar. Nor do i. And neither does he. Give people a little break.

Don't worry I am not worried about it some people are just plain witches with a b and that is okay as I believe in Karma. What goes around comes around!!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Negative posts/threads/comments.
  • teenyinni
    Options
    Ok, so this is not intended to offend anyone or anything, but do you ever look at certain posts and just cringe? I'm sure everyone's are different and I'm sure there are things that I do that strike that little nerve in people. Just for fun... what are some of your discussion board pet peeves? Please don't say posts about pet peeves (ha). Come on, I can't be the only one.

For example,

I hate when people say "nom nom nom" and I don't even know why, but it bugs me.
    I hate when people don't know the difference between too and to.

OK. Go.

The "nom nom nom" thing drives me insane as well! Who are you, the cookie monster? Some of my Facebook friends do this and it makes me cringe every time.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    TOM threads, WHY? WHY? WHY?

Man bashers

Those who do nothing but complain about their significant other

People who don't seem to want to help themselves

Posters under about 22
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    hahaha ^^ @ cookie monster!!! That actually made me laugh out loud.

Speaking of laughing out loud.... how about ROFLMAO? Come on now, are you honestly rolling on the floor laughing your *kitten* off? If so, I need whatever it is that they are on!
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Posts that try to correct other peoples english this is not school so I thought. Life is to short to be worried about such stuff.

Life is too* short.

Sorry, I had to. No, we're not in school, but the reason you learn grammar and spelling in school is so you can use it correctly in life. I understand if English is not your first language, however. Obviously, this is one of my peeves.

I also can't stand the posts that come up twenty times a day. TOM, exercise calories, and muscle weighing more than fat.

I too noticed that it should have been life is too short...but i didn't correct them. Because its not that big of a deal. His sentence made sense to me. It was clear and he got his point across. That's all that matter. I am sure you dont always have perfect grammar. Nor do i. And neither does he. Give people a little break.

Shoot, I normally notice stuff like that.. but I read his and didn't even see it until it was pointed out! Yeah, life is too short to worry about it. I mean if it bugs someone, it's no big deal to them really, it's just a "pet peeve". :-) I don't know what mine is.... I don't think I have one except maybe people who are cruel and mean to others.
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    I can't stand it when someone makes an inocent post, about something that is just of differing opinions than the majority, and everyone keeps posting replys to it. All it does is keep bringing it to the top of the forum instead of letting it go.

There was a post about someone looking for other Christian females to support her. It was just a specific interest she was looking for. All the people that didn't like it, got all over it, and kept posting to it. If you don't like it, just ignore it. LET it go. I know it goes against forum rules, but it was not an intentional post about religion. I am not defending the poster. I was just using it as an example, so please don't attack.

Thanks for letting me vent mine.

That felt good.
    :flowerforyou:

Against forum rules??? To put out an interest in certain people?? That's pathetic. What about people who say, anyone into horses? Let's be friends on here. Anyone interested in whatever.... They are just trying to match up with people that share convictions or interests... why is that against forum rules? OH, I had to edit... I am by no means attacking... I just wanted to know for real... I didn't realize there were forum rules against saying "Christian" or "Religion" or whatever the rule says... I just wanted to know the rule.... :-/ Sorry.
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    I hate it that a fat woman is now called "curvy" or "hourglass." Fat is FAT! I click on articles on how to dress a curvy or hourglass figure, and it is just FAT women squeezing into the latest trends.

And I am not trying to be rude. I was FAT 40 pounds ago. All of that 40 pounds of FAT was covering up my CURVES. Now that 40 pounds of FAT are gone, I once again have my HOURGLASS figure back.

^ yes!
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    hahaha ^^ @ cookie monster!!! That actually made me laugh out loud.

Speaking of laughing out loud.... how about ROFLMAO? Come on now, are you honestly rolling on the floor laughing your *kitten* off? If so, I need whatever it is that they are on!

This whole post made me laugh out loud literally!!! HAHAHA!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I hate it that a fat woman is now called "curvy" or "hourglass." Fat is FAT! I click on articles on how to dress a curvy or hourglass figure, and it is just FAT women squeezing into the latest trends.

And I am not trying to be rude. I was FAT 40 pounds ago. All of that 40 pounds of FAT was covering up my CURVES. Now that 40 pounds of FAT are gone, I once again have my HOURGLASS figure back.

^ yes!

I totally get this. I'm fat, I wouldn't call myself curvy, and I CERTAINLY wouldn't consider myself to have an hourglass shape. Once I lose all the fat I wish to, I still won't have this shape.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Man bashers

Posters under about 22

Ah Ageism
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when someone calls themselves obese, when realistically they were only 10 or 15 pounds above their goal weight when they started.

Also when someone encourages unhealthy habits like diet pills, fad diets that are so easily seen as really bad, or taking laxatives.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it when someone makes an inocent post, about something that is just of differing opinions than the majority, and everyone keeps posting replys to it. All it does is keep bringing it to the top of the forum instead of letting it go.

There was a post about someone looking for other Christian females to support her. It was just a specific interest she was looking for. All the people that didn't like it, got all over it, and kept posting to it. If you don't like it, just ignore it. LET it go. I know it goes against forum rules, but it was not an intentional post about religion. I am not defending the poster. I was just using it as an example, so please don't attack.

Thanks for letting me vent mine.

That felt good.
    :flowerforyou:

Against forum rules??? To put out an interest in certain people?? That's pathetic. What about people who say, anyone into horses? Let's be friends on here. Anyone interested in whatever.... They are just trying to match up with people that share convictions or interests... why is that against forum rules? OH, I had to edit... I am by no means attacking... I just wanted to know for real... I didn't realize there were forum rules against saying "Christian" or "Religion" or whatever the rule says... I just wanted to know the rule.... :-/ Sorry.

It is agaist the forum rule to post anything political, religous or promoting any network marketing products. It really is a rule. If you read through the forum policies. That post was closed by a moderator. The thing is if the people who didn't like it had let it go it wouldn't have had like 4 pages of responses before it got closed. I don't think it is against the rules to mention the word Cristian, just topics about religion.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    Mine on here is anything to do with HCG and people defending that horrible prego women pee fad diet
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Man bashers

Posters under about 22

Ah Ageism
    Yeah, you are right. There are actually plenty of younger posters with plenty good to contribute. I had somebody specific in mind when I said that, and it wasn't fair.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options

This made me laugh. I hate this too. I think the thing that bugs me the most about is that they capitalize it. I get a ridiculous picture in my head about what they look like when they are "ROFLMAO"-ing. It makes me think like they have a few screws loose in the head.

I have to say that certain grammar mistakes bug the crap out of me. Mostly the things like knowing the difference between you're and your, because that's probably one of the easiest things to remember. You are= you're, you are awesome or your awesome? You're awesome! Loose and lose is another big one. It's one of those super easy things that you can just read about and learn quickly. It's not like I am asking you to put your semi colons in their proper places.

Along with that, I hate when people tell me to get over it or get a life because I care about grammar. I know I am not perfect and I am not asking for perfection but some things are so easy! We all have our things that bother us, it is the way it is. If you don't care about grammar, if you are super carefree about your worries and nothing bothers you... then just move on, there's no need to put your two cents in.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Man bashers

Posters under about 22

Ah Ageism
    Yeah, you are right. There are actually plenty of younger posters with plenty good to contribute. I had somebody specific in mind when I said that, and it wasn't fair.

Sure.... but hey no heard feelings. Opinions aren't facts really. Just opinions.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    people asking for help with a closed diary, and say I eat right and exercise so whats wrong...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Along with that, I hate when people tell me to get over it or get a life because I care about grammar. I know I am not perfect and I am not asking for perfection but some things are so easy! We all have our things that bother us, it is the way it is. If you don't care about grammar, if you are super carefree about your worries and nothing bothers you... then just move on, there's no need to put your two cents in.

:flowerforyou: You're awesome.