For those who weigh over 200lbs

Options

Replies

• 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options

Not hearing my thighs and belly cheer me on when I run (I think you all know what I'm talking about, so I won't elaborate).

OMG I spat my tea out over the computer!! I really really know what you mean. That and when I do star jumps and I get to the end but my wobbly bits do at least 3 more on their own!
  • Kloss914
    Kloss914 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was 224 at my heaviest and all I want to say is we decided to change that !!!!!!!!!!! Focus on the drive to change; it will get you through. It's a long road sometimes ( it took me years ) but it's worth it !!!! I'm currently about 14 lbs from my goal weight but here's what I don't miss : I don't miss the disgust I had when looking at pictures of me when I had put SO MUCH THOUGHT into picking out what I would wear , the anxiety that packing for a vacation or worse yet, a "work" function with my husband (GASP) caused , the heaviness of a family outing when the girl inside just wanted to run alongside my kids ( I do now.... just completed my first half marathon in September), the CONSTANT guilt of eating ANYTHING.... I thought I had always blown it when in reality even back then I was trying to make good choices (that self hatred voice is gone..... FOREVER !!!). Stay the road. It's a journey. Don't sprint. Savor small victories and remember we are only given ONE BODY and it is our choice to treat it like the GIFT it is or destroy it with unhealthy choices that only make us feel worse !!!!! Do what you can and DON'T compare yourself to others.... we are all special !!!!!
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    50 CONFIDENCE. I been doing Zumba @ my local YMCA. yess 300 + lbs. man doing Zumba. I suck but I have fun. just me. 1-2 other guys and 30+ girls. lol

There are about 3 guys that come to Zumba at my gym. It is a packed class and I always think, "These guys have the right idea!" There are a lot of good looking ladies in my class.
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started in 2009 and got down to 171. Over the past 2 years I've since put all but 1 lb back on. I noticed even with a 20lb gain that I felt more tired and uncomfortable. So for me the motivation is to feel better. With 40lbs I feel awful. I miss exercise and the endurance that I had built up.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Fully crossing my legs so that calves touch instead of one leg cocked off to the side, like a lady!

Inner thighs slimmer to the point that I don't have to wear anything under my skirt if I don't want to :wink:

Going into a normal size clothing store and thinking I belong there

Less back and hip pain

Off as many meds as possible

Possibly becoming a runner

Not feeling like I'm wearing a heat blanket in the summer

Actually being cold

:heart:
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    looking foward to my legs not rubbing and not having to wear cycling shorts
    no more back fat
    no more two belly
    no more bat wings
    no more struggling to get out the car
    not having to adjust my clothes every 5mins
    able to run faster and longer
    no more double chin
    being health
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I live in AZ so Summer is a HUGE motivator for me. My friends have boats and I want to be able to go on one without thinking "i'm the fattest one here"

Also,
    My daughter lives in GA and I wont see her for a little bit. I am excited to see the look on her face when she sees me.

I want feel worthy of my husband (who is a very good looking man and he always gets checked out btw, he looks like the lead singer of disturbed) He always says I'm beautiful and says nice things, but i want to believe it myself.

I miss my face too.

I hate my muffin top too

I hate chaffing too.

I hate jiggling when I laugh...

Yea I have lots of motivators LOL...

Ronney

PS the guy in my profile pic is my son NOT my husband haha fyi
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I wan't to wear underwear in a smaller size than my shoe size and I'd like to not have my pants be highwaters because they have to go so far over my belly.
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    Collar bones - I love that I'm starting to see my collar bones even when I'm not moving my shoulders.
    My face feels smaller when I wash it and I can feel how triangular my jaw actually is -- that sort of surprised me
    Not having my stomach hang over so much that it chafed--if you've been in that situation you know what I mean
    Going into a regular store and being able to find clothes
    Not having to evaulate each chair before I sit down to wonder a) will it hold me, and b) how will I get up again
    Having men at work that I've known for years stop and tell me I look fantastic. It may only be in comparison to how I used to look but it still feels good.
    Not having to hide whenever anyone brings out a camera
    Having energy again!
    Not having knee and hip pain
    Not having to worry about blood pressure and pre-diabetes
    Not feeling ashamed
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    not having to lift my stomach to shave being able to wear a skirt and not having my fat thighs rub together. i want to look better and not feel ashamed and wear large clothes so it hides my fat rolls. i hate wearing fit clothes and all you see is rolls.
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have severe esophogitis. I have for the past 20 years. I remember my first serious attack I was in high school and scared me and my friends to death because they thought I was choking...so did I!.. I wasn't heavy back then but the situation got so bad that I had surgery in 2001. However, it was a temporary solution and over the next 10 years as the weight piled on my condition came back with a vengence. A year ago I was ready to stop eating meat altogether. When I did have a steak or pork chop I had to drink a shot glass of whisky or aftershock about 30 minutes before dinner and again right before eating just to relax my esophogus. Chicken was completely out of the question. 2 meals out of 3 I was in the bathroom gagging because my food was stuck. I used to scan a restaurant for the restrooms before sitting down because I knew I would likely have to make an emergency run to the toilet at some point during the meal or else regurgitate my food right on the table, lol. eewwwww! 10 days into this new lifestyle, even before I lost a single pound, my condition started improving. I can now say that I have not had a problem in over 5 months. Even though I am still considered "obese" for another 14 pounds or so, my health is improving in leaps and bounds. I will likely be in the 200's still until after the new year. I don't have any idea what it will be like to get into onederland. I already wore an XL womens sweater from Old Navy and have been able to get into size 14 exercise pants...so technically I can wear some stuff off the non plus sized racks. I have never been large chested so I dont have a lot of bra complaints but if I can get rid of this belly, the one that has housed 3 babies and now looks like dog jowls...well I will be over the moon!

oh, I almost forgot another huge change! I am no longer prediabetic and I don't snore anymore. I used to be notorious for the snoring. My 4 year old once told me that a bear sleeps in my room, that she could hear it. That bear was me!
  • mandyjohns
    Options
    I relate so much to all of these but to yours mostly. It's humiliating trying to go on a amusement park ride and not being able to fit. Everyone watching while they try to get you to fit, and then eventually getting off because I didn't fit. I feel you!!!
  • mandyjohns
    Options
    Mostly to be able to get around like a normal person and to have energy to want to live life. There's a lot more things, but mostly I just don't want to be hindered by my weight/size. It's been my problem my whole life.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Not having to wear a bra all the time. Not seeing my cheeks in my lower vision when I smile. Being able to get up on the floor after playing with my dog without it being a big event.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I was a former 303# woman, now about to cross my fingers and hope tomorrow's weigh-in shows Im entering 230's...

I just want to be more mentally comfortable in my own skin. I cant stand seeing myself in mirrors, in full length body mirrors, or having someone take my picture... I have a severe phobia of the camera taking my picture to the point, I have gone almost psychotically scared into a madness that I just cant explain... I was so ashamed of the way I looked on my wedding day to the point, I refused to look into the camera... definitely did not want to be carried over the threshhold either - again, that whole madness kicking in fast...

Im happy Ive dropped the 60-some odd pounds, but just cant get past 'this'....
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I started at a little over 200.

- I'm happy now that I am not ruining my jeans because of rubbing together and the fabric thinning out and getting holes.
    - I'm happy my chest is smaller. (okay, well this is bitter sweet) I am able to wear more tops now without them hanging out everywhere. It was a real problem finding appropriate tops or fitting into the proper size especially with tops that have built in support in them,
    - Muffin top still exists (my fat stores on my sides) but is noticeably smaller. If it were to go away I would be a whole pant size smaller .

Those are the ones that come to mind right away
  • kala_rebecca
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey at 225 and now am halfway to goal at 183. I feel more comfortable now, but when I was pushing 230 I felt incredibly uncomfortable in my own skin. I hated how I fit in my clothes, how I couldn't cross my legs like a lady, my thunder thighs, my two chins, feeling ungraceful and dumpy. I couldn't stand the way I looked, and would avoid getting my picture taken. Hypertension and diabetes also run in my family, and I'd like to avoid that by losing the weight.

I still am very overweight, but I have noticed a huge difference so far in the way I feel.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    A cups.

Don't bash smaller boobs! They look nice!

I've been an F since I can remember and it would be nice to have little ones.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm still losing the baby weight from my son since I was pumping for him through August. I am NOT comfortable over 200lbs at all (like anyone is?). Before my daughter I was at a very healthy weight and I hope to get back there. (2003)

I want to wear regular clothes again. Been living in stretchy pants. Luckily I work from home and i'm a SAHM too so it's not too bad.
    My reward to myself when I get to goal weight is to buy a pair of designer jeans.
    Crossing my legs again would be great.
    Just feeling confident again
    My face not looking so round
    My body not looking so wide
  • may5220
    may5220 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    things that motivated me

Proving to myself and doctor that I dont need gastric bypass to get the weight off
    Enjoy shopping for clothes again
    Taking family pictures (big deal for me)
    Improving my health in the longrun
    striving to be ONDERLAND by my bday (May)