Healthy Snacks..

Options
I love eating more and more healthy all of the time and being able to log in my calories. What kinds of snacks do you eat or do you know to eat that is healthy, but that does not have a lot of calories. Yes, I eat pretzels which I don't think is too bad, or I may have something more healthy like an apple and peanut butter. It does have a lot of calories though. I do find that a Whole Foods Fruit Bar only has 90 calories which is great, but that is the only snack under 100 calories. Any ideas?

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    - cereal bars
    - carrot sticks
    - celery sticks
    - handful of strawberries/grapes
    - snack a jacks
    - smoothie
    - peanuts
    - pineapple
    - raisins

These are the stuff I normally have as my snack :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese or Greek yogurt with fruit (apples or strawberries are good), hummus and carrots, hard boiled eggs, garden salads, protein shakes...
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Sliced cucumbers.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Do I take it that there are no such thing as healthy crackers or chips or ice-cream? I'm not talking to eat all of the time, but to have sometimes.

Thanks!!
  • johnstonat
    johnstonat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    fresh raw veggies
  • espn2087
    Options
    or shakelogy!!!!!
  • asedersten
    Options
    I enjoy the Special K Sea Salt cracker/chips. You get 30 per serving and they are low in calories/fat. I also like to use laughing cow cheese as a spread on celery or crackers. I also like the Skinny Cow chocolate crisp candy bars..they are delicious and I believe only they are only 110 calories per bar. They also have a peanut butter crisp candy bar and chocolate clusters. I like the Skinny Cow ice cream bars, sandwiches, and small cups of ice cream. All are very delicious. If you want to eat chips, I suggest getting the individual snack size packages, so you aren't tempted to over eat. I get the package of the baked chips (cheetos, pretzels, sun chips, ruffles, and doritoes). Hope this helps!
  • lin_d
    lin_d Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've found that the days I'm really craving the less healthy foods, I'm better off just eating them IN MODERATION, than denying myself all together. The more I try not to "give in," the more I end up putting in my mouth because I'm not satisfied.
    The other thing I've learned to do is try to identify the craving..for example, do I really want ice-cream or just something cold, or creamy or a certain flavor? Crackers really? or something crunchy or salty? Then, it is easier to find a suitable, lower-calorie substitute.
    My "go to subs"...
    No Sugar added Fudgsicle
    No Sugar added Fruit Popsicles
    Yogurt
    a fruit smoothie
    fresh fruit w/Cool Whip Lite
    Popcorn
    higher fiber crackers
    Fiber One granola bars
    80 calorie Fiber One cereal
    Hershey Dark Chocolate mini

Sometimes, I just want the taste of something salty because I've eaten something sweet, or something crunchy/salty because I finished a salad w/o croutons or bread. I'm obviously not hungry, and if a drink of water doesn't help, brushing my teeth usually works. It also makes me think twice about eating any more because then I'd just have to brush my teeth again! ha
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    There are some good ideas here. I was hoping for some healthy type chips or crackers not for when I'm craving, but for some low-calorie snacks to have around the house.

Keep the ideas coming!