struggling to reach my 1200 calories

Options
13»

Replies

• floreo22
    floreo22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am having this problem too. I think some people are being a little rude about it. I think my issue is the same as yours-I used to eat more-but the food was junk food. I am determined to lose weight now, and I am anxious about what to eat! I worry about eating too much food because that is partly why i gained the weight-but now I am eating much healthier foods..so I think we just need to keep reminding ourselves that we are eating healthier foods and not to worry about eating the 1200 calories. I hope I helped! I asked this question too and the replies I got were basically add nuts to your diet and also to carry a granola bar to eat on the go. good luck :)

i think you hit the nail on the head. i tried to remind myself today that eating healthily doesn't mean not eating. so i've eaten all of my 1200 and a few of my exercise calories as well. a big improvement on yesterday. i got there with a little extra fruit and a fruit smoothie (so i didn't feel like i was snacking)

can i also just say, i think everyone who doesn't like this post or thinks it ridiculous is, themselves, a little ridiculous. why waste your energy talking about something you don't like when you could much better spend your time commenting on things that make you and others happy? if you don't understand or care for my problem, it is unlikely i will understand or care for your opinion. so please, would these people desist with undermining this problem, and spend your time more productively. thank you
  • michelledruss
    michelledruss Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think we need to be more sensitive with someone's questions to weight loss. I have struggled to eat 1200 calories when I am eating clean because I couldn't stand to put another egg white in my mouth. If my choice was a snickers bar then there is no problem with getting to that 1200 but I wanted to do it right. And with all the negative thoughts about food when you read about it you can get anxious with filling yourself up, you can sometimes feel that food is the enemy because diets teach us that. So please understand why people feel this way. I have had a big meal with chicken and sweet potatoes and enjoyed it because it tasted so good that I actually questioned myself if I should of had that. Now I know its good for my body and I feel more comfortable when I log my foods because I know what I am eating is good for me. We are all here to support one another and anyone can add me as a friend for support - believe me I have had all issues concerning food before and I have worked through them.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    eating small meals all day does help you lose weight and boost your metabolism. i dont know where your getting your information from. the human body wasnt designed for big meals 3 times a day, its illogical. eating small meals all day helps with digestion too. your stomach is only designed to hold a fist sized amount of food. it takes an hr to completely digest. another couple hours to utilize the energy for your bodys every day needs. it makes sense to eat every 3 hrs or so. :/
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem too and it used to bother me and I'd add butter, full fat foods etc that i didnt really want just to boost up calories. This in itself can create another bad habit! (it did for me, particularly when I stopped logging).
    I think just listen to your body. There will be some days when you always go over 1200 cal just as much as those days when you just cant get close. As long as you are monitoring and logging, it should all average out.
    Eating clean and vegetarian is hard, but as long as you're not starving, not tired or weak, not missing out on nutrients, it makes sense that it should be ok?
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    can i also just say, i think everyone who doesn't like this post or thinks it ridiculous is, themselves, a little ridiculous. why waste your energy talking about something you don't like when you could much better spend your time commenting on things that make you and others happy? if you don't understand or care for my problem, it is unlikely i will understand or care for your opinion.

:drinker: