Good signs of getting the job?

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
Okay so I got an interview but they are calling it a "meeting" with the team and as he did that he also stopped advertising for the job. But I havent been given the job yet. Im really hoping for it, and really feeling passionate about this type of job. Is this a good sign of getting the job?

Replies

• WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Could be. Good Luck!!
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You never know.... Until yo've signed the contract. They usually have a couple candidates at this point in the process. When you are in the meeting ask - how many candidates they are considering at this point..... Hang in there. Its been 2 years of looking on and off for me - I know its a tough process to get th
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    You never know.... Until yo've signed the contract. They usually have a couple candidates at this point in the process. When you are in the meeting ask - how many candidates they are considering at this point..... Hang in there. Its been 2 years of looking on and off for me - I know its a tough process to get th

Yeah i know its tough, this is a student work study job so I dont know if they work the same or not I know similar..the job is a new position with a grant that opened it. I really am just overly excited for it though!
  • Jean410
    Jean410 Posts: 104
    Options
    Familiar territory! I just got a new job. They called me in for a 2nd interview which really was just a meet and greet w/ the staff. They were pretty much feeling me out. They told me they had 2nd interviews w/ other candidates, but the next day the practice director called me - said the staff asked him to talk to me as they really liked me. Then I was finally offered the job a week later.

Certainly being called back for a 2nd is always a good sign!!! Put your best foot forward and just be yourself. Good luck.
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    This is my first interview but Ive talked with the director a few times and he is the person who took down the listing for the job and the person i will be meeting with on Tuesday. I have a reakky good feeling about it though, Im going to school for social work and its the job of parent student advisor- Id be helping other students find ways to meet there needs of parenting and going to school. Alot of the people id be working with are teenage post secondary students. I was a teen mom and graduated from school twice while parenting..first and only cover letter I wrote that I will probably ever mention I have kids! lol but i felt that was a big part of my experience that I could bring to the job so I had to put it.