I'm new!

Options
Hi! I am beginning a whole new chapter of my life. I am 21 years old, and I've always been overweight. I ballooned to 183 pounds when I hit puberty when I was only 5' 3", which is my heaviest. By the time I was 16 I was down to 145 (I did nothing to lose it), and later dieted (the wrong way) and got down to 131. However, starving myself couldn't last forever, so I did eventually gain that weight back, plus some. I was sitting at 150 for a few years, where I constantly complained about my weight but never did anything more than wishing and hoping to change it. About a month ago, I started gaining weight. I'm not sure why I started gaining weight, but I finally reached 159, just one pound away from where I swore I would never weigh again (160). I'm 5' 6" and I feel like I should weigh between 125 and 135, but I just told myself I had to get back down to 150. So I finally decided to change things. I stopped drinking cokes, and quit eating my late night snack, and I lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks. After that, I was motivated to go all the way. I have set my weight loss goal at 127 (although I would be perfectly content at 135), and I have been working my tail off for the past two weeks to get there. I started working out 1-2 hours a day about 6 days a week, and joined myfitnesspal to learn how to eat healthily. Since 12 days ago when I started getting serious, I have lost 5 pounds! And I feel great! I'm ready to make this a lifestyle, and once I reach my goals I will continue to workout (although not as much) for maintenance. I've been doing myfitnesspal for about two weeks now, and I just realized that there is a community here! I'm excited to meet my fellow weight losers, and give and receive support! I'm down to 150, and I WILL see 140 by New Years! :)

Replies