Anyone using the LA Weight loss plan???

My daughter was on it several years ago and lost 130#'s...and gained some of it back. She is going to start it again...just wondering if any of you use it, and if so, how does mfp help in conjunction with their plan? I know it counts the calories...but does it help, since their plan is based not on counting calories?

Replies

• KimertRuns13_1
    KimertRuns13_1 Posts: 702 Member
    I did LAWL a few years ago. I have not done it with MFP though.
    I did lose weight and was successful using LAWL but I feel like I have learned more doing this on my own and with MFP than by weighing in at the center and eating their bars. Good luck. It's a great program as is MFP so I am sure the two combined will bring you great success.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    was on LA weight loss for years and lost a lot of weight. Any good weight loss plan does do the same thing although they go about it different ways - with LA they count how many carbs, proteins, veggies, fruits etc. They have an approximate amount you can have which has an approximate range for your calorie intake. Like 1200-1400/day. So if you are following MFP, you can choose whatever foods you like, but stay in your range of calories. ie, if you want to eat coconut cream pie - kiss away 680 calories. You don't get the nuritional value you would get from a piece of melon, a piece of chicken, some green beans and a small cookie, but it is the same calories!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    I lost a bunch on it but all of locations went out of business while still owing their clients services and products. I thought they had all gone bankrupt. Plan works well but lacks in the customer service to clients!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Being from LA, the only think I can think of is that the LA Weight loss plan is a euphemism for controlled substance use.

Seriously, though...what is it?
  • Jean410
    Jean410 Posts: 104
    I tried LA weight loss about 6 yrs ago. I lost some weight, but I ALWAYS felt so hungry. I couldn't stick to it. I loved their snacks and stuff though. MFP seems easier to me because it's not prescriptive.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    I lost 80 lbs with that program and when they went out of business, have been strugglinng to keep the weight off. Now that I have found MFP, I use the fundamentals of LA weightloss, a balanced approach, but keep up w/calories here too. I lost what I had gained, plus about 8 more lbs here!! I love this site! It keeps you accountable.....just keep everything balanced and you will be good!
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    I lost 80 lbs with that program and when they went out of business, have been strugglinng to keep the weight off. Now that I have found MFP, I use the fundamentals of LA weightloss, a balanced approach, but keep up w/calories here too. I lost what I had gained, plus about 8 more lbs here!! I love this site! It keeps you accountable.....just keep everything balanced and you will be good!
    Thank you...this is what I was wondering...just need some evidence that they can work together to pass along to my daughter. I personally prefer MFP to anything I have ever done....I just need to convence here that this is a great site.
  • crochelle17
    crochelle17 Posts: 93 Member
    I am currently doing la weightloss along with MFP and i think MFP is better... with that being said i LOVE LA bars but i think with MFP its easier to track your calories since i downloaded the ap on my phone instead of using a paper and pen.. lol! also, MFP is free.... you cant beat that.... :)
  • chiv123
    chiv123 Posts: 36
    I had brief success with them, but had a terrible experience. I joined with two friends and decided to prepay to save a few bucks- something like $300. One day about a month later, we went in for our weekly weigh-in and they told us that the next day they were going out of business and that we would not be refunded. Of course, I was the only one foolish enough to pay for many months in advance (and charge it no less). The girls offered us repayment in those stupid bars (which were picked over). My friends accepted but I was determined to fight it.... and got nowhere. They reopened under a slighly different name shortly after, not sure what happened, but I called my district attorney and was told I couldn't do anything about it.