We're all adults here, so it's probably time...

Options
2»

Replies

• PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    LOL That was "alot" of fun! Oops, I made a faux paus! I wish they would have had "seen" & "saw" I still use them wrong, I'm sure!
    And the "literally"... OMG I want to send this to my friend! She says this, literally, a dozen times an hour! Drives me crazy!! And she's an ENGLISH TEACHER!!! Ugh!

Thank heaven for spell chick! I will never spell "definitely" correctly! (I don't put an "a" in there, I add an extra "e" in there! Bad spelling in one of my peeves.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Haha. To funny! Sum people just never learn the effect of wierd grammer. Weather they spell alot worse then others is they're problem more then you'res, but its dafinitely they're loose.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    1.png
    2.png
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    LOL That was "alot" of fun! Oops, I made a faux paus! I wish they would have had "seen" & "saw" I still use them wrong, I'm sure!
    And the "literally"... OMG I want to send this to my friend! She says this, literally, a dozen times an hour! Drives me crazy!! And she's an ENGLISH TEACHER!!! Ugh!

Thank heaven for spell chick! I will never spell "definitely" correctly! (I don't put an "a" in there, I add an extra "e" in there! Bad spelling in one of my peeves.

Wow! I can't imagine your friend standing up in front of a class and talking like that... I don't think I would be able to keep a straight face!

I think whoever decided "definitely" should be spelled that way should "definitely" be smacked in the face with a sock full of butter.
  • shovav91
    Options
    Haha kapeluza, I love that!!
  • revnica
    Options
    Also, any "Friends" fanatics out there?
    I always hear Ross yelling "Y-O-U- Apostrophe- R-E means YOU ARE. Y-O-U-R means your!"

Love that show :)
    love that episode!!!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    The thing that helped me with "definitely" is that there's a "finite" in there. And when you think about it, if something is definitely X then you're saying the finite number of things it can be is limited to X. I used to always put the errant a in definitely but I'd never do it in finite so that worked.

I was so pissed when I caught myself at work typing loose instead of loose. Totally from MFP.

What gets me here is that I'm on my phone which makes errors easy and editing difficult.
  • shovav91
    Options
    The thing that helped me with "definitely" is that there's a "finite" in there. And when you think about it, if something is definitely X then you're saying the finite number of things it can be is limited to X. I used to always put the errant a in definitely but I'd never do it in finite so that worked.

I was so pissed when I caught myself at work typing loose instead of loose. Totally from MFP.

What gets me here is that I'm on my phone which makes errors easy and editing difficult.

It is so much harder typing on my phone! And autocorrect seems to make everything worse. I was trying to type "joy" at one point and it "corrected" it to "philharmonic". What?!
  • shovav91
    Options
    I always hear Ross yelling "Y-O-U- Apostrophe- R-E means YOU ARE. Y-O-U-R means your!"

love that episode!!!

I'm so happy someone else got that reference! :D
  • sryan8408
    Options
    Love it "alot" lol jk.
  • shovav91
    Options
    Love it "alot" lol jk.
    :laugh:
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I can understand typos, but when people constantly make the same simple mistakes that they should have learned in grade school, my brain twitches and automatically starts deducting IQ points from their total.

My favorite: Rediculous. :grumble:
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I can understand typos, but when people constantly make the same simple mistakes that they should have learned in grade school, my brain twitches and automatically starts deducting IQ points from their total.

Or the ones that refuse to make the correction after multiple people point out their mistakes. Misspelling a few words is normal, but insisting on remaining ignorant is inexcusable.
  • shovav91
    Options

Agreed. It's kind of sad to think that people have gone through school and still not learned simple things like they're vs. there vs. their... it doesn't take hardly any time to learn, so why not learn now?
  • marini03
    Options
    BUMP
    HAHAHA! XD I LOVE THOSE COMICS!!! Lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options

Favorite episode was Ross and "UNAGI".