What about my sugar intake?

Options
Hey MFP people, I just added sugar to my food intake and man WHAT CAN I EAT???? It only allows me 24 grams of sugar a day.. I eat 24 grams for breakfast. What can I do about my sugar intake?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Ignore it.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Open your diary
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Ignore it.

^^ exactly
  • majortom52
    majortom52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a diabetic and have to be very careful with what i eat, beleive me it is difficult to start with watching your calories and your sugar. You will soon get the hang of what to eat and what not to, there is sugar in nearly every thing we eat.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Ignore it.

^^ exactly

Unless you're filling up on chocolate bars at breakfast then ignore it for the most part. An apple and glass of milk will put you over for the day!

Just make healthy choices :)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    manually change your goals and up it :)
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sugar is hidden in so many of our foods, especially processed foods. Stay away from fruit juices; the calories are not worth it. Consider all sodas, even diet soda, poison. There are 17 teaspoons of sugar in one can of soda! It's hard staying within the 24 grams; I find it impossible. However, be mindful that your sugars are coming from whole foods, not processed. Read the labels! Just do the best you can, but do not ignore it because sugar is, indeed, the poison that will hinder weight loss.

If you're interested in researching just how bad sugar is for us, go to MERCOLA.COM - a real eye opener!

The same can be said for sodium. Tracking your sodium can be a reality shock.

It's taken me four months to tame my sugar cravings. I still have them, but I now have the wisdom to choose.

Best wishes in your journey.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about your sugar as long as it's not coming from crap.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I ignore it as well. I usually have 2 or more pieces of fruit everyday so I easily go over 24.
  • Acatlett77
    Options
    I was just put on a low carb, low sugar diet by my dr & I'm watching my sugar very closely. If you are making healthy choices then I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much.. I looked on google and found that men should take in no more than 50 grams and women 35 grams.. But as one writer wrote you could go over eating an apple and drinking a glass of milk. I'll just try to make healthy choices.. Again thank you so much.:flowerforyou:
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Berries of almost all kinds work. Then, meats that are not seasoned with added sugar and lost of high-fiber vegetables. It works out, but 24 is pretty danged low. I have a LOT of trouble staying under that, and sometimes, I just chuck it and eat a grapefruit with my breakfast.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I do not eat or drink any table sugar at all. If it tastes sweet, I don't like it. It's been so long now that I don't crave it anymore.
  • dianita22
    Options
    I have the same problem. I do not drink soda or juice and do not add table sugar to my coffee or tea. Basically I only drink water or unsweetened tea/coffee (obviously I don;t eat cookies or candy). I go over my sugar with just the piece of fruit I have with breakfast and maybe a greek yogurt I have after a morning workout. I have no idea how to cut sugar my sugar intake or if I should. It's my understanding that fruit sugars (as long as its not excessive, I eat about 3-5 servings of fruit a day plus veggies) are not that bad for you. I still manage to stay within my caloric goals generally.