Support for a girl with an ED (may be triggering)

Options
Well, maybe I will start quickly. I have a Borderline Personality Disorder and my thinking is not the way it should be. Last year I suffered from anorexia. I almost recovered, gaining up to my original weight. But I gained a good part of the way by binging, which is a proof that I never recovered completely.
Nowadays, I feel very bad about everything and I started an account here. So maybe I'll explain why, cause it may seem to be a weird decision:
- I would eat little anyway, but keeping track of it helps me to know whether I am going too far and helps me make healthier choices, just a bit
-It keeps me away from binging, which is my number one goal

The whole purpose of making this post is to see if there is anybody ready to support me in trying to get by? I sometimes feel like the only person here with a bad attitude- which is amazing for all of you, but very lonely for me.
Please note that I am in no way pro-eating disorders. I know how bad it is for me, but currently I need it very much.

Replies

• Chellski
    Chellski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hey there. firstly congratts on recognising u need help, i suffered from eating disorders from the age of 13 which cycled from binging and purging to annorexia and bulimia. please add me if u wish to talk
  • tofutot
    Options
    Good morning! Good for you recognizing your eating disorder and taking steps towards recovery. I don't come around here often, but I'd be happy to support you. My email is *************. If you put "MFP" or "My FitnessPal" in the subject line, I'll know who you are ; )

I recently realized the reason I keep gaining and losing the same 40 or more pounds since I'm a pre-teen, is because I am a compulsive over eater with many food addictions. My daughter is bulimic and after helping her during her recovery, and doing the research, I realized I have binge eating disorder.

Although I've been doing Weight Watchers on and off for (oy) 40 years, I decided I needed something completely different. I joined Over eaters Anonymous in April and have been abstinent from compulsive eating since the moment I joined. If I can help you in any way, please reach out.
    Sincerely,
    Judy

[Note - email adress was removed by MFP Moderator]
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to get into recovery for ED at the moment, my BMI is above anorexic but I am struggling to maintain my weight and still restrict my food. My goal is to not lose more than 0.5kg (1lb) per week and to try at eat 1000 per day, otherwise they will put me in inpatient before 2011 is out. I'm happy to be friends on here with anyone else who is dedicated to recovery and offer as much support as I can. But I don't want pro-ED people adding me please!
  • Rewinds
    Options
    Hi there, I've been talking to a lot of girls in recovery recently and would be glad to support you with your road to recovery and maintenance!

I'm running 14km for the butterfly foundation (an Australian ED foundation) and want to do my part to support people with an ED.
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey there, welcome to MFP!
    Everyone here will support you, hun. Everyone.
    It's good you've recognized you have an ED, so you can get the help and support you need to overcome it.
    We know you can do it!

My little sister passed away from anorexia last year.
    We didn't even see it coming, she hid it from us all ):
    It made me realize how important it was to help others with these kinds of problems, and other problems as well.

Feel free to add me.
    I wish you luck on this journey, I have faith you will succeed <3
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Just a quick reminder of the following forum guideline:

9) For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, instant messenger ids, etc

With Respect,

_Sally_
    MFP Forum Moderator
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you would like..I have suffered with anorexia And bulimia for 25 years and have been trying very hard for the last 2 years to get better. You can post about ED. (as long as it isnt pro people dont mind) I have many people as friends who support me here who dont even have them. Having BPD is hard and combining that with an ed is even harder so I am glad you are looking for support.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's good you've recognized you have an ED, so you can get the help and support you need to overcome it.
    We know you can do it!

It made me realize how important it was to help others with these kinds of problems, and other problems as well.

Feel free to add me.
    Sorry to hear about your sister I cant even imagine...guess I shouldnt get so defensive when people keep worring that I am going to die. It is a horrible disease and I am sorry for your loss. Guess I should be a little more thoughtful of other peoples feelings too.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have never suffered an eating disorder, but im more than happy to offer support if you like. Feel free to add me.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I suffered from the time i was 13 to around 21 with anorexia. those thoughts still haunt me sometimes and i do fight still to make sure i keep my head healthy, to push away those thoughts, as i go through this process of losing weight the "right" way. I would love to support you in your efforts to learn to not only take better care of yourself but also to help you remember that you deserve that. I don't support ED behavior but i do understand how difficult it is to get well. please add me if you feel like it would help. i regularly private message with a lot of my friends so you can always do that if you want :)
    ** and please be careful. there are many, many, pro-ed people on this site, unfortunately. for your own good, don't add them just because they're sick too. add the people who may be sick but are striving for health. just a bit of advice, take it or leave it (but i hope you take it!)**
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    We know you can do it!

Feel free to add me.

I can't imagine your devastation when you lost her, especially to something so insidious and horrible as anorexia. My thoughts go out to you and your family, always. Please add me if you like :)
  • dancer4275
    Options
    Hi friend! Welcome! I think you'll be surprised to find out how many people on here have had eating disorders...I know I was. I have been struggling with them for the past 3 years. The support for this kind of disorder is great on here! I'm here if you ever need me!