Vanilla Cupcakes- 40 cals

Options
millerch88
millerch88 Posts: 56 Member
So, I randomly came across this recipe for a vanilla cupcake. I looked at the ingredient list and was skeptical, because I'm no professional baker and don't really understand the purpose of various ingredients. But they turned out great! I might add a bit more vanilla next time, but the texture was a nice spongy cake.

Only downside was that they stuck to the cupcake papers, so next time I might just spray the pan and ditch the papers. or get some of those silicon cups.

Here's the recipe: http://simplyredd.hubpages.com/hub/Low-Calorie-Cupcake-Recipe

Making 12 cupcakes they came out to ~40 cals a piece!

I made a half recipe, so I'd only have 6 cupcakes sitting around tempting me.

I then made my own chocolate frosting. I used 4 tbsp fat free cream cheese, 12 tbsp fat free Cool Whip, 1.5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, and some 0 cal sweetener to taste. Mixed it all up, had a nice creamy texture. tastes just like the frosting out of the can, but i split it into 10 servings at 20 cals each! i frosted my 6 cupcakes and put the rest in the fridge for later...

So if you're missing cupcakes, these are only 60 cals each (with frosting), so you can enjoy 2! (or more...)

Replies