Hunger Pains SUCK-- Any Helpful Hints!!

Options
Ok so today I was eating what I thought was really good but then I just got to the point that I felt I could have eaten the sofa. :ohwell: I nearly felt sick from hunger. I knew I had to just do something or I was going to go crazy so I ordered a Chicken Vegy Pizza from Donatos Pizza. I hate about a 1/4 of it and felt so much better.

Does anyone else have this problem and do you know what causes it? Do you have any helpful hints as to what to eat when that pain hits that will keep me from wanting to eat anything and everything which is what I am trying to not do.

Doing good and wanting to stay that way
Angela:wink:

Replies

• angelascott919
    Options
    Ok so today I was eating what I thought was really good but then I just got to the point that I felt I could have eaten the sofa. :ohwell: I nearly felt sick from hunger. I knew I had to just do something or I was going to go crazy so I ordered a Chicken Vegy Pizza from Donatos Pizza. I hate about a 1/4 of it and felt so much better.

Does anyone else have this problem and do you know what causes it? Do you have any helpful hints as to what to eat when that pain hits that will keep me from wanting to eat anything and everything which is what I am trying to not do.

Doing good and wanting to stay that way
    Angela:wink:
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Drink water....your body may want water. Sometimes needing water can be mistaken for hunger.

or....

Eat a teaspoon of peanut butter

or.......

Drink a cup of coffee.

And there's nothing wrong with feeling what hungry feels like. Now I know how often I used to eat when I wasn't really hungry. Hunger is a good thing! I love going to bed with my stomach growling. More than likely, the scales will always be down the next morning. :)

Good luck!!!
  • machonregier
    Options
    Make sure you're eating regularily. Have healthy snacks between meals so you never get to that super hungry stage. Snacking keeps your blood sugar regulated. Also make sure you have lots of healthy food that you really LIKE around the house. So when that hunger hits you'll actually want to eat something that isn't terrible for you. I'm all about the convenience. My bad days are always when I haven't been grocery shopping in awhile.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    ~Are you eating every 3-4 hours?
    ~Five meals a day?
    ~Are you getting enough fiber? 20-30g daily is recommended and kepps you feeling full longer.
    ~Are you eating lowfat dairy and not just non-fat dairy? You need a good combination of nutrients in every meal
    ~Shoot for 200-300 calories per meal. Eat your largest meal within one hour of waking in the morning.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    A piece of protein--hard boiled egg whites, a soy protein shake blended with ice, fage--all longer lasting choices than pizza and lots less calories and fat! Just ideas for a different choice next time--oh, yes, and lots and lots of water.:flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Drink something hot like herbal tea or flavor some hot water with lemon. Then have a small snack with some protein in it. Chase that with some water and that should hold you over to your next meal.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Besides the peanut butter, you could try oatmeal or lentils.
  • angelascott919
    Options
    thanks everyone for the suggestions. I drink a lot of water and hadn't experienced hunger like that in a while. I guess after years of eating like I was I didn't really know how to handle feeling hungry but I think I will definitely do better the next time and I am going to start looking for some more protein options.

Again thanks everyone who posted.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Apparently you're supposed to hold a hot water bottle to your stomach to make it better. :noway:

Sorry.....I couldn't help myself.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • andriarose
    andriarose Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    if you've already eaten have a cup of lowfat milk, that always worked for me, when I was starving.
  • sbennett23
    sbennett23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Every three to four hours I have a snack and a bottle of water. If I get hungry sometime I get a Borden Double Twist Cheese Stick and Some fruit. Or laughing cow light cheese and whole grain crackers. The fiber will ward off hunger pains. It usually does the trick.