-Chirstmas Cookies Anonymous!- [OPEN group!]

Options
tt7851614fltt.gif
tt7851620fltt.gif

So, I start another group. THIS one, however, is guaranteed to stay alive! I promise. :wink:
Anyway! Welcome to Christmas Cookies Anonymous, a weight-loss group dedicated to reaching a personal goal by Christmas. Whether it's the first 10 pounds or the last 20, everyone here gets to pick a healthy goal for Christmas morning. What better present could there be?

tt7851547fltt.gif
equinehugger3 - *Starting weight coming soon*

I'll be looking for anywhere from 15 - 20 people, if we can get that many.

Here's a spreadsheet I made to track our progress. It's set up so that anyone with the link can edit, so feel free to add yourself once your "request" to join is approved!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiIuUBHvP85ldHhtNkhPSlA4clo0YjZpcmtTQkI5cWc

tt7851576fltt.gif
We'll be doing some weekly challenges here, a few per week. They'll start out easy and progressively get harder.
Example: Week one will be something like "Lose 1 pound, burn 1,000 calories, drink at least 6 glasses of water a day, etc."
Week two could be: "Burn at least 1,500 calories, drink at least 7 glasses of water, stay under your calorie goal everyday."
I'll settle week one once we get all of our members! If you have any suggestions for challenges, feel free to post or PM me! It's sometimes hard to come up with all of them. :tongue:

tt7851588fltt.gif
This is NOT required, but I'm hoping it will really help. Every time that I lose a certain amount of weight, I'll buy myself a new shirt. I'm hoping it'll help encourage me to do a bit better, especially if I'm looking better and better in the new shirt every time! Feel free to set up something for yourself, but you don't have to.
You could do anything from get your nails done to seeing a movie...

tt7851599fltt.gif
Our weekly weigh-ins will take place on Fridays. I'm thinking this is a pretty good day, because most people are less likely to mess up during the week. Compared to weekends, anyway. :tongue: You can give me your starting weight when you join, or PM me it, and we'll have our first weigh-in on Friday!

Woot! Thank you, and post anytime you want to join. :smile:

Replies

• equinehugger3
    equinehugger3 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    *Reserving for other stuff if needed*
  • kater48er
    Options
    How do I join?
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    how do you join a group? I am new to the site.
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    Awesome!!!! thanks for doing this, looking forward to the challenge
  • equinehugger3
    Options
    Just post that you want to join, and either post or message me your starting weight! :smile:
  • equinehugger3
    Options
    Awesome!!!! thanks for doing this, looking forward to the challenge
    No problem! :tongue: I've been looking for an open challenge for weeks. :P
  • mommymovingmountains
    Options
    I'm in!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Starting weight (if you'll have me) is 173.6 and my goal is to lose 8 pounds. I don't have a lot left to lose so about a pound a week would be healthy for me.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I would like in!

Always need a good challenge!

Starting weight 166!
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join a challenge will help me get back on track :)
    starting weight is 230
    wanting to lose at least 10 pounds by Chirstmas
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm in - starting weight 168. My goal is to get to 160.
  • bettycass
    bettycass Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm game for a challenge. My starting weght 190...now I am 160. Want to lose 10 more ponds.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I really need some accountability and encouragement. I weighed this morning at 202.4,
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was 137.4 and I'm trying to lose these last 20 lbs...but I don't lose that quickly so I'd like to be 125 by Christmas!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I think having a challenge will keep me motivated, because my motivation to lose weight lacks sometimes. I have already created a goal to lose 10 lbs by Christmas. Recently I weighed in and had lost 3 lbs :smile: So, anyways, I weighed in at 204 lbs. this week. I hope you will add me to the group so we can all help each other to reach our goal by Christmas.
  • juliebaer
    Options
    Count me in. Todays weight is 175. I want to loose 20 pounds by the end of the year so I need to stay focused and work hard. I've already lost 18 pounds the last two months. i've already changed alot of my "bad habits" and the weight I've taken off is staying off. Now to just get down to correct size. Thanks!!!
  • rockchick90
    Options
    im up for it! I wanna lose 14 pound (starting now) by christmas day so I should be 218 by xmas day and am currently 231!!
  • bluedrinkgirl
    Options
    I would like to join. I am up the 2 pounds I lost after going off this site the week before Halloween & losing focus. I was 144.3 this morning
  • olnsar
    olnsar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    May I join? I'm at 139.5 and am trying to get to 132 by Christmas. I'm relatively new to the site and think I could use some accountability by joining a group, as opposed to just lurking around the message boards :)
  • Brittney24
    Options
    May I join? I'm 144.5 as of today! I'm looking to lose about 10-15 pounds by Christmas, hoping it's possible!