Dinner Ideas.

Options
Anyone have any good healthy dinner ideas that will also satisfy my 130 pound skinny butt husband ? =)
Who is picky and likes to stay with meats, pasta, and greasy food ?? I am trying to make him start eating healthy to.

Replies

• RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    A healthy version on alfreado pasta with grilled chicken and veggies. Food network has some great low cal options
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Your hubby may or may not get with this, but I love it.

I take about two pieces of bacon and cut it up, about 5 cloves of garlic, a can of garbanzo beans.

Saute all of this for about 8 minutes. Add some spinach and chopped tomatoes.

Cook some whole wheat pasta.

It's delicious and very good for you.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl has some great cookbooks (you can also find her recipes online). Not a fan of the sodium level in some of them but everything i've tried has been amazing :) both of these are great!!! especially the Cheesy Chicken Tarantuladas.. sooo good!!
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1625
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    well, if he's 130 pounds and doesn't need to lose then perhaps you could add healthy fats to his portion of whatever you're making to up his calorie intake.

So, maybe steamed veggies for you...sauteed veggies tossed in olive oil and parmesan cheese for him. Served with brown rice topped with teriyaki chicken (baked chicken breast...marinated and coat with teriyaki sauce).

How about a whole wheat pasta with roasted veggies, marinara sauce, and ground chicken/turkey? He can have whole wheat "garlic bread" with earth balance and garlic powder on the side.
  • Babyblueeyez4O5
    Babyblueeyez4O5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I bought some Lean Pockets Pizza, took them out of box and threw it away, now my hubby eats them, he thinks they are just hot pockets, I guess what he dont know cant hurt him.... that is an idea not too sure if that is helping you out, but i think its kinda cute how he loves them.
  • goodgollymrsholly
    Options
    Thanks everyone I greatly appreciate it ! =)