I tried Fage....

Options
and I can see how it could be used as sour cream and I think I definitely could use it as that but just as a yogurt???? Can't too it.

I tried mixing it with honey. Yuck

I tried mixing in some granola. Yuck.

It's just got a little bitter taste that I can't get over. I WANT to like it cuz the protein is crazy good, it's no fat and low cal but.....I just can't.

I'm sad. :sad:

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    and I can see how it could be used as sour cream and I think I definitely could use it as that but just as a yogurt???? Can't too it.

It's just got a little bitter taste that I can't get over. I WANT to like it cuz the protein is crazy good, it's no fat and low cal but.....I just can't.

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    mix it with fruit preserves..or fresh fruit
  • gperry227
    gperry227 Posts: 93
    Options
    I mix it with Truvia, fresh fruit, and granola. I can't stomach it either by itself.
  • haleyk
    haleyk Posts: 58
    Options
    mix with fresh strawberries or use a little splenda. Mix well!!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options

A good dessert is to eat it with a small amount of organic maple syrup drizzled overtop... but that of course adds calories & sugar which may defeat the purpose. Tasty though :)
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    This is my reward for having a good eating day (sure beats brownies or ice cream!):

i use 2% Fage (plain) - it's much creamier and very filling...add a dash of vanilla, 2 splenda (or some stevia), top with fresh blueberries....YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

life is unfair
    deal
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    It just tastes like yogart is suppose to taste - no sugar and no additives -
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Why try and eat something you don't like just because it is healthy? I'm confused...I like Fage, hubby hates it. So he doesn't eat it, I do. Problem solved. Try a different yogurt that is lowfat and sweeter, I get a Wallaby fruit and cream yogurt at the same place I get the Fage..still good protein and low fat and still yummy. Sorry, but I get frustrated when people force themselves to eat something because its "healthy" and avoid something else because its "unhealthy". Its just food people, doesn't need to be so hard.