Zumba for the Wii Fit

Options
Has anyone tried the Zumba for the Wii? I like having different workout options. I just don't want to pay $40 for this if it isn't good. If not this Zumba, are there any other good Zumba dvd's?
Thanks for any help!

Replies

• tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    do you have an xbox? zumba for the kinect is awesome!! :-D
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I had it and I HATED IT!!! It was a waste of money for me. I gave it to my mother in law.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    do you have an xbox? zumba for the kinect is awesome!! :-D
    Nope. No xbox. thx though;-)
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I have it!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will make you sweat......It is more fun if you go to a class tho.. You wear a belt....Dance your a.s.s. off
  • januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I didn't mind it, but didn't love it. That being said, the previews I've seen for the newest version of it, which I think is either out now or coming soon, are significantly better.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have it and I've never done Zumba before so I'm a newbie at it. It makes you sweat . If you're not doing the moves right, you can't move on as you should. When you get the hang of it, the tempo speeds up so it's good for beginners & advanced users.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Thanks for the info everybody!! I really appreciate it!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Do you have a place to rent it from first? I love mine, but the classes are definitely better. The Wii game definitely will make you sweat though!
  • nedbun
    nedbun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you like dancing, you will love it! It's not the most accurate in terms of making sure you're doing it right, but if you try to do it right you will get an amazing workout.

I tend to get really bored with conventional workouts and this is something I've really been able to stick with. There are a lot of routines and songs to choose from.

I do it 3 times a week for about 20 minutes in my living room on the Wii and it's working really well for me. I'm almost down 20 pounds! The best part is it gives you a good warm up and a really great stretch at the end so you don't get cramped and sore.

There is a new version coming out next week as well that has more songs and routines.

I would highly recommend it. :)

As a matter of fact, I'm willing to let you borrow it once the new one comes out!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Do you have a place to rent it from first? I love mine, but the classes are definitely better. The Wii game definitely will make you sweat though!
    No. Blockbuster is gone and that was the only place. That was a good idea though!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    got it last X-mas, love it! after 2-yrs of paying out the wazoo for classes, I have to say it's worth the investment.

you really have to work through the levels...I did w/in a couple of months...and it gives you several options to choose from, so it's not the same old boring workout tape. get ready to sweat, and don't give up on the moves...
    I love to dance, so that helps.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    If you like dancing, you will love it! It's not the most accurate in terms of making sure you're doing it right, but if you try to do it right you will get an amazing workout.

I tend to get really bored with conventional workouts and this is something I've really been able to stick with. There are a lot of routines and songs to choose from.

I do it 3 times a week for about 20 minutes in my living room on the Wii and it's working really well for me. I'm almost down 20 pounds! The best part is it gives you a good warm up and a really great stretch at the end so you don't get cramped and sore.

There is a new version coming out next week as well that has more songs and routines.

I would highly recommend it. :)

As a matter of fact, I'm willing to let you borrow it once the new one comes out!

That is amazing that you would let me borrow it! That's why I love MFP! I could not do that but truly appreciate the offer! I don't mind buying it if it's good!
    Thank you soooo much!!
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hey Maryann,
    Let me know if you get it and like it. We have a Wii but I didn't know there was Zumba for it! Sounds like sooo much fun!!
    :bigsmile:
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    hey Maryann,
    Let me know if you get it and like it. We have a Wii but I didn't know there was Zumba for it! Sounds like sooo much fun!!
    :bigsmile:
    Hey D...you read my thread!! I will let you know ;-}
  • dover6473
    dover6473 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have to tell ya that zumba fitness 2 that is fixin to be released is a ton of fun!
  • RJacq
    RJacq Posts: 2
    Options
    Try to rent from gamefly. They usually have a pretty good selection of game rentals.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Try to rent from gamefly. They usually have a pretty good selection of game rentals.
    thx!! :flowerforyou:
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Totally thought about doing the Kinect one-- I have no experience with the Wii one. But if it's anything like the Dance Party game... I say don't waste your time. EA Sports is supposed to be really good though. I have a friend who really liked it.
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options

My husband uses gamefly and is really happy with it. We like to try things before buying them! :)