In need of Advice....

Options
I just bought some of the Fit & Active foods like the cereal bars, meal protine bars snacks and breakfast drinks and so on to get healthy calories, has anyone tried these, are they going to be good for me or bad? I know that alot of diet foods have the "Aspartame" in them I did not see that on any lable.. any advice of this product?

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bars and shake help when you're in a time crunch or just to busy to stop and eat. That being said, how are the calories, the fat, sodium and the carbs? The sugar in some bars is insane. If you use them and still fall in line with your goals, great! Everyone is different in what makes them feel full and satisfied. I personally need to have protein with each meal to feel alright and not get hungry an hour later.

The biggest problem I've seen with the shakes and bars is that the folks that rely on them to lose weight don't learn to eat a health meal. They don't know what to cook for themselves or what correct portions look like. Then they run into problems when they stop using them. They've dropped the weight, but can't keep it off because they don't know how to eat in a healthy way to keep it off.
  • Babyblueeyez4O5
    Babyblueeyez4O5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My problem is I get up at 3am for work and I get off work at 1:30pm and I dont eat.. so I was going to eat those to consume calories and for energy. and when I eat my body does not burn it insted it turns into fat due to lack of eating so now im over weight. I know how to cook and eat healthy Im just not hungry to eat. and with all the walking and lifting i do at work and my exercise dont help me any. My Dr wanted me to track my calories and exercise for a week my calories did not go over 800 calories, My Dr told me I had to eat more to burn, go figure but he is right. so I was wondering if adding those to my diet, if it would help, never hungry to eat esp. at 3am.
    thanks for your advice it was great advice what I just added is so you and others can help me out more and to know more about my life. :smile: I also hope what I said did not come across wrong.
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    800 cals a day is way to low, especially if you're moving and lifting all day during work. You might want to try protein for breakfast- bars or shakes. It doesn't sound like carbs are a problem, so make sure they are in the shakes and bars too.

Real early mornings are hard. I can't eat much that early either, food just doesn't sound appealing then. I had make myself eat something small- apples and bananas worked best for me. After that I was able to eat a good meal a few hours later- 5-6 hours into my day. Your energy should increase and your appetite may be stimulated eating like that. It worked for me anyway. I haven't worked those kind of hours in many years, but I remember how hard they are.

Good luck!
  • Babyblueeyez4O5
    Babyblueeyez4O5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks, and good luck to you also :happy: